QB Battle

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
That appears to be what he is selling, though. No big deal. We got time.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like a lot of sloppiness and turnovers today when they went to pads. I know our defense is top notch in the secondary but it is concerning a little since most situations in practice don't equal real game situations.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Everything I've read says Grier has been head and shoulders better than Treon as far as accuracy and reading through his progressions. Treon must be getting the offense to move more consistently if JMac says no separation. That's all I can figure.:dunno:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n258836 said:
You don't buy it why? Because you've predetermined Grier is better than Harris?

Here is some red zone passing drills at about the 1:35 mark - I think this was a day the pay sites said was a decent day for our QBs in the later Spring practices.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mac doesn't like to give out details, that's for sure. An I think he likes to play the elusive fox type with reporters. When asked about leg injuries, he was very elusive. saying 'he's got a bad wheel', 'something he needs to run with', 'when he's healthy, we'll let you know'. I know it's early in the evaluation of these new injuries, but he knows more than he's letting on. Also, he should just tell the reporters that he doesn't have enough information to make a statement until they've been fully evaluated by the medical staff.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n258856 said:
Mac doesn't like to give out details, that's for sure. An I think he likes to play the elusive fox type with reporters. When asked about leg injuries, he was very elusive. saying 'he's got a bad wheel', 'something he needs to run with', 'when he's healthy, we'll let you know'. I know it's early in the evaluation of these new injuries, but he knows more than he's letting on. Also, he should just tell the reporters that he doesn't have enough information to make a statement until they've been fully evaluated by the medical staff.

They've all been trained to do this due to privacy laws.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mac would be doing both Grier and Harris a disservice by announcing this early that one is clearly better than the other. We need these two to keep pushing each other in order for us to be successful. Regardless of which QB ultimately ends up starting, the other one is going to have to be ready to go with our offensive line.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mac might have a hard choice after reading about practice today.

Brantley ate up Riles. Davis breaks up pass for McGee, Grier fumbles. Treon screen to Robinson, Grier screen to Thompson, nice run after the catch. Tyler Jordan had two bad snaps to Grier.

Drop by Jackson. Drops by Showers, Thompson and Bailey through about 40. Grier behind Thompson for a drop. Bad drop by Pittman. At about 50 now. The harder routes leading to a lot more drops and missed throws.

Harris too far outside for Lewis. Pittman can't bring in a one-handed catch from Grier with the twos. Short screen read perfectly by McMillian for a loss. Screen to Pittman, great outside block in space by Mike. Treon sacked by Bullard and picked off by Maye in double coverage on same play. Grier sacked by 97. Reed maybe? Grady screen to Thompson, nice block by Bailey but short gain. Defense is flying around.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
MJMGator;n258871 said:
They've all been trained to do this due to privacy laws.

Exactly. Fans should have zero expectation of getting any specific health information from coaches.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n258889 said:
Grier has the tangibles. Harris has the intangibles.

That is how I think it is now also even though we really don't know anything on Grier until he gets into SEC play to show how he is under fire. Just reading between the lines on some full game similar red zone drills etc it seems that way in practice.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n258853 said:
Here is some red zone passing drills at about the 1:35 mark - I think this was a day the pay sites said was a decent day for our QBs in the later Spring practices.

Who's the cleat chasing whore at the beginning of the video?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n258895 said:

I was wonder that too. Did ya see JMac turn his head away and walk right by her?:lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n258895 said:

She was handing out Candy's number.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
I started to make the cleat chasing whore my new avatar then I thought "she's somebody's mother" and I didn't want to be offensive. Maybe message boards aren't for me.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I would like to see the job won at some point before the season starts. I'd like our qb to be confident and the first team offense to have chemistry. If treon moves the offense better , i couldn't care less. My opinion, grier is the more talented from what little I've seen from him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.