QB Battle

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Law98gator;n260292 said:
Here is the thing, I haven't seen anyone pumping Treon or declaring him the clear cut heir apparent. Personally, I prefer a Qb who throws first and throws well. If he runs well, even the better, but I have never been one who thinks the Qb should be one of your primary Rbs.

I would have PREFERRED to see Grier last year but it didn't happen. If I were to bet or predict who wins this year, it would be Will.

However the antiTreon stuff is stupid.
That's some good stuff Law. I am not anti-Treon. I personally think Will is the better QB. It's nothing against Treon, he did really well and I think he is a gamer. I personally do not like the run first mentality. I think it should be run third to be honest. I want my QB to think pass, then to buy time to pass or just take a sack, and if in between that moment between cutting his losses and having his check-down covered he sees green, then go for it (sliding of course). Unless the QB looks up and sees 600 square yards of open grass when he gets the ball, I don't want it to cross his mind. My favor for Will comes largely from the recruiting process and the spring game. When Treon is off, he is way off. He also seems fairly indecisive at times. Will makes quick, good decisions, and his misses almost all seemed catchable. I don't know why people have a problem with Will supporters. I would be completely blown away if Treon wins this battle. He is a great athlete and I really do hope he either takes the back up role in stride or accepts that he is a hell of an athlete and is open to trying a new position.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n260665 said:
That's some good stuff Law. I am not anti-Treon. I personally think Will is the better QB. It's nothing against Treon, he did really well and I think he is a gamer. I personally do not like the run first mentality. I think it should be run third to be honest. I want my QB to think pass, then to buy time to pass or just take a sack, and if in between that moment between cutting his losses and having his check-down covered he sees green, then go for it (sliding of course). Unless the QB looks up and sees 600 square yards of open grass when he gets the ball, I don't want it to cross his mind. My favor for Will comes largely from the recruiting process and the spring game. When Treon is off, he is way off. He also seems fairly indecisive at times. Will makes quick, good decisions, and his misses almost all seemed catchable. I don't know why people have a problem with Will supporters. I would be completely blown away if Treon wins this battle. He is a great athlete and I really do hope he either takes the back up role in stride or accepts that he is a hell of an athlete and is open to trying a new position.

I don't have a problem with the Will supporters...just the Treon haters. Like many, I just want one to claim the starting role by outperforming the other before we choose sides. They're both Gators and they're both vying to be "the guy" that leads us into a new Gator era of football.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
MJMGator;n260668 said:
I don't have a problem with the Will supporters...just the Treon haters. Like many, I just want one to claim the starting role by outperforming the other before we choose sides. They're both Gators and they're both vying to be "the guy" that leads us into a new Gator era of football.
I don't hate Treon and I am very thankful for his contributions last year. It sucked that he got injured because there were games we could have won had he been healthy. He is a great talent, I just think his skill set is better suited for another position. A lot of high schools put their most talented player at QB, and for good reason. At times he can throw a good ball, but his elusiveness and size make him better suited to have the ball in his hands 1 on 2 or so, not 1 on 11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator