QB for tonight's game

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So, Harris is reinstated but will not play. If Driskel stinks it up for a half, do they burn Grier's red shirt or stick with Driskel and just let LSU stack the box knowing UF is just going to try and pound it at them? Take your beating now knowing you have the QB you want next week?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
jereed16;n75598 said:
do they burn Grier's red shirt
I would let one of the boards experts determine whether or not it would cost Grier his redshirt.......I wonder if you were burned wearing a redshirt if it would be a medical or just one of the regular "free redshirts" they give out ?:crazy:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I would say if it gets ugly and UF is still in a position to win JD stays in. I would not predict Grier coming in. Morningwood will not get in the game unless it gets bad.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp made it sound like he would play Grier if needed a couple of days ago.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n75609 said:
I would let one of the boards experts determine whether or not it would cost Grier his redshirt.......

No expert but I think you can't play at all to get a regular redshirt. As far as a medical one he has probably reached the point that would be the only redshirt he could get but they don't just give them away even though funny business does go on sometimes. My guess is if he plays today he wont get any redshirt.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n75622 said:
Muschamp made it sound like he would play Grier if needed a couple of days ago.

I hope you're right fever. Still not on the train that WM gets it. Moved a bit in that direction when he played TH last week, but we'll see.

O

OnlyGatorz

Founding Member
Founding Member
My source says that Grier will play if JD does not play well.

P.S. My source is my 18 month old boy. Go Gators.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The consideration of burning WG's redshirt was if Harris was done. Now that he's not, I'd be hard pressed to believe they burn it now.
To answer the redshirt questions, it's my understanding that you aren't really given a redshirt until after the season, to remain eligible for a normal redshirt, one (WG) would have not played ANY downs this season. WG being on the field for 1 single snap negates his eligibility for a redshirt, thus why they call it burning the redshirt.
You can, however, still earn a medical redshirt, however you can't have played more than 30% of the snaps on the season and must have had a season ending injury. I've heard people say medical redshirts aren't technically given until the end of the original 4 year tenure, but I'm not sure on that.

If I had to venture a guess at this weeks QB depth chart it would be:
Driskel starting, Mornhinweg as 2nd string with Harris technically being third with the coaches having no plans to play him, but should the unthinkable happen and Driskel and Mornhinweg get injuried (long shot), I'd have to think Harris would get put in over burning WG's redshirt.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Now that Harris is back I think they'd put in morningwig would be next in line. I'll bet they're going to save grier' s redshirt now. My guess would be they don't ask driskel to do much tonight.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n75653 said:
The consideration of burning WG's redshirt was if Harris was done. Now that he's not, I'd be hard pressed to believe they burn it now.
To answer the redshirt questions, it's my understanding that you aren't really given a redshirt until after the season, to remain eligible for a normal redshirt, one (WG) would have not played ANY downs this season. WG being on the field for 1 single snap negates his eligibility for a redshirt, thus why they call it burning the redshirt.
You can, however, still earn a medical redshirt, however you can't have played more than 30% of the snaps on the season and must have had a season ending injury. I've heard people say medical redshirts aren't technically given until the end of the original 4 year tenure, but I'm not sure on that.

If I had to venture a guess at this weeks QB depth chart it would be:
Driskel starting, Mornhinweg as 2nd string with Harris technically being third with the coaches having no plans to play him, but should the unthinkable happen and Driskel and Mornhinweg get injuried (long shot), I'd have to think Harris would get put in over burning WG's redshirt.

I'll be curious to see if Harris even dresses out

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n75658 said:
I'll be curious to see if Harris even dresses out
Me too, which would obviously change what I just said lol.
But with Harris fully reinstated, I don't see why we would burn WG's redshirt now.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n75657 said:
Now that Harris is back I think they'd put in morningwig would be next in line. I'll bet they're going to save grier' s redshirt now. My guess would be they don't ask driskel to do much tonight.
This is exactly what I expect.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n75659 said:
Maybe Harris will dress for warm ups and then change back to street clothes for the game.
:giggle:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Harris would play in an emergency, if dressed out.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I would be very surprised to see Grier play at all this year now that Harris is back. Of course the last couple of years were full of surprises for us (and not the good ones).

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I Have No Friends :(;75703 said:
I would be very surprised to see Grier play at all this year now that Harris is back. Of course the last couple of years were full of surprises for us (and not the good ones).
Yes. With Harris being available next week I highly doubt Grier is the backup. I would not mind seeing Morningwood if JD surprises everyone and is bad.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n75694 said:
If he plays today and then get muscles spams, can he medical redskirt?

He could, as long as the injury is then season ending and he has not played more than 30% of the snaps on the season.
However, this is something that I understand, isn't given to an athlete until the end of their original 4 year tenure. In other words, if he plays, for the time being it will look like he never redshirted, and they'll have to apply down the road if they wanted to attempt to gain him a 5th year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator