QB for tonight's game

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
OnlyGatorz;n75631 said:
My source says that Grier will play if JD does not play well.

P.S. My source is my 18 month old boy. Go Gators.

tumblr_m88heriBEH1rziwwco1_500.gif

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n75694 said:
If he plays today and then get muscles spams, can he medical redskirt?

I think today may be the last game he could play in and still qualify for a medical redshirt but I don't know if claiming that would pass muster or not because it says season ending injury.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Gator Fever;n75741 said:
I think today may be the last game he could play in and still qualify for a medical redshirt but I don't know if claiming that would pass muster or not because it says season ending injury.

That is why they started claiming "back spasms" a couple of weeks ago when it became obvious that Driskel could be on his way to the bench.....It gave them another couple of weeks to prepare for the situation. Most freshmen "medical" situations are of the back spasm or high ankle sprain stuff, you know, stuff that can't really be treated directly but can linger on for a while......

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
My prediction: Driskel plays the whole game, plays with ambiguous enough results that those who don't like Driskel will still not like him and those who defend him will continue to do so.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's Driskel or bust today and I also think with no one expecting anything of him, he'll play looser and better.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
jaywalker72;n75761 said:
My prediction: Driskel plays the whole game, plays with ambiguous enough results that those who don't like Driskel will still not like him and those who defend him will continue to do so.

Who defends him? Name one name......

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Driskeling equals Morningwig but with a longer leash for the pulse less one... then look for Harris next week.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n75756 said:
That is why they started claiming "back spasms" a couple of weeks ago when it became obvious that Driskel could be on his way to the bench.....It gave them another couple of weeks to prepare for the situation. Most freshmen "medical" situations are of the back spasm or high ankle sprain stuff, you know, stuff that can't really be treated directly but can linger on for a while......

You are consistent. I'll give you that. Consistently wrong. THE NCAA rules which were posted in another thread, yet you still managed to misunderstand, state very clearly that it must be a catastrophic or season ending injury. High ankle sprain stuff does not qualify, Block head... I'd love to see some stats about your consistent claim that every program in the country systematically schemes to lie to the NCAA at the beginning of every season to increase the odds a player might need a medical redshirt somewhere in the future. The plan was always to redshirt Grier, IF they had the luxury. TH provided that luxury. No lies, no conspiracy.

Also, anyone remember what happened the last time we had two high profile freshman QB's in the same year. The Plan was to redshirt one of them, that is until injuries forced the second one into play. Without a year of separation you are almost guaranteed the one not winning the starting job will transfer. A year of separation at least increases the odds that both will stay.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Dress Harris. Let him play when JD ****s the bed bad enough.

Harris without practice prep > JD with

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n75946 said:
Dress Harris. Let him play when JD ****s the bed bad enough.

Harris without practice prep > JD with

I hope you are right!

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
gardnerwebbalumnigator;75946 said:
Dress Harris. Let him play when JD ****s the bed bad enough. Harris without practice prep > JD with
Will never happen

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Alagator;n75938 said:
You are consistent. I'll give you that. Consistently wrong. THE NCAA rules which were posted in another thread, yet you still managed to misunderstand, state very clearly that it must be a catastrophic or season ending injury. High ankle sprain stuff does not qualify, Block head... I'd love to see some stats about your consistent claim that every program in the country systematically schemes to lie to the NCAA at the beginning of every season to increase the odds a player might need a medical redshirt somewhere in the future. The plan was always to redshirt Grier, IF they had the luxury. TH provided that luxury. No lies, no conspiracy.

Also, anyone remember what happened the last time we had two high profile freshman QB's in the same year. The Plan was to redshirt one of them, that is until injuries forced the second one into play. Without a year of separation you are almost guaranteed the one not winning the starting job will transfer. A year of separation at least increases the odds that both will stay.

It has to be catastrophic if you take up to 30% of the snaps or to a certain point of the season.......It can and 100% of the time be applied for and granted AT THE END OF THE SEASON EVEN IF IT IS A NAGGING INJURY like turf toe, high ankle sprain or back spasms especially if you do not play....Hedging the odds of getting a hardship later on should the player-school want a 6th year of eligibility........

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Gee wondering about what one player might do three years from now is not on my radar. If we need someone to win now we use them, we can recruit additional players later, you can't fix losses today. Any decent QB at UF should not need a sixth year nor should we really ask for them unless they just want to be a backup. Sorry Jeff had his chance and unless we see dramatic and immediate improvement no starting for him next year not to mention in games this year.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n75959 said:
It has to be catastrophic if you take up to 30% of the snaps or to a certain point of the season.......It can and 100% of the time be applied for and granted AT THE END OF THE SEASON EVEN IF IT IS A NAGGING INJURY like turf toe, high ankle sprain or back spasms especially if you do not play....Hedging the odds of getting a hardship later on should the player-school want a 6th year of eligibility........

:facepalm:

Surely you're just trolling.

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Short term perspective isn't always best. Hell, the Dow had a terrible week...sell, sell, SELL. Burn a red shirt for the national player of the year when you have a guy that will be available next week to bridge you to him? I think not.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n75964 said:
Gee wondering about what one player might do three years from now is not on my radar. If we need someone to win now we use them, we can recruit additional players later, you can't fix losses today. Any decent QB at UF should not need a sixth year nor should we really ask for them unless they just want to be a backup. Sorry Jeff had his chance and unless we see dramatic and immediate improvement no starting for him next year not to mention in games this year.

Totally agree. I hope we can manage to beat LSU today without having to play Grier. A year of separation between he and Harris is best case scenario. But if he has to play, he has to play. Operating under the assumption that TH is innocent I absolutely hate he will not be available to play in this game and that accusation not only affects him but potentially Grier as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator