Quick hits UF v Bama

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I said in the box that two biggest reasons we lost were
1) EJ's pick. We lost a possession in a game that one possession would have made a difference and we gave up aTD. 14 or 10 point swing in a close game.
2) 1st qtr tackling. Just atrocious. Evan one stop might have kept bama out of the end zone.

There's prolly 5 more plays that woulda made a difference but I'll go with those two as the top.

For all the hilarious arm-chair QBs in the box Mullen did not call a bad game. (he just started the wrong QB). Yeah every play wasn't a winner but they never are. And a lot of times they fail because of poor execution. Part coaching part substandard recruiting. And while I'm at it what the hell was that two point conversion suppose to look like cuz it looked like fail. Statistically roll outs are the most successful goal line call but if you're gonna go up the gut either do it quick or do it behind a blocker.

TG. I can't bring myself to say he called a good game. I'll say that bama didn't take advantage of what we were giving them. At least we played press coverage. Players were in position but failed to make tackles. DB's played better late. That was surprising.

Looking forward to seeing James's breakdown on GNFP.

The downside is that EJ played well enough that Mullen can keep him as the starter. Hope we don't loose AR over this. And TG didn't **** the bed. Saban made him look good so that we won't fire him. That sucks the most.

I didn't hear the post game but supposedly Mullen alluded to needing to recruit better. Duh. I have no hope that he'll do anything about it though.
Hard to tell if bama played bad or we made them look bad. I really wish AR were starting. I'd have more hope against UGA and against bama of we see them again in December (though Bryce will be a better QB by then).

In closing, we have way less talent than bama. Call them an A+ and us a B. I'm shocked we made it as close as it was however credit to bama for letting us hang around.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
#2 was #2. We gave up a shytload of early garbage YAC with Pop Warner tackling. It wasn’t even tackling. It was more like matador cape waiving. Atrocious. We did that last year as well. Stop diving for people’s ankles.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
AR didn’t play because hammy was still not a full go. He said it in the presser.
So he could only do three backflips instead of his usual five before the game?

Hammy, my ass. A 236 pound human doesn't do an effortless back flip with a bad hammy.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If AR15 transfers over playing time, Mullen should be tarred and feathered, and paraded up University Blvd.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I said in the box that two biggest reasons we lost were
1) EJ's pick. We lost a possession in a game that one possession would have made a difference and we gave up aTD. 14 or 10 point swing in a close game.
2) 1st qtr tackling. Just atrocious. Evan one stop might have kept bama out of the end zone.

There's prolly 5 more plays that woulda made a difference but I'll go with those two as the top.

For all the hilarious arm-chair QBs in the box Mullen did not call a bad game. (he just started the wrong QB). Yeah every play wasn't a winner but they never are. And a lot of times they fail because of poor execution. Part coaching part substandard recruiting. And while I'm at it what the hell was that two point conversion suppose to look like cuz it looked like fail. Statistically roll outs are the most successful goal line call but if you're gonna go up the gut either do it quick or do it behind a blocker.

TG. I can't bring myself to say he called a good game. I'll say that bama didn't take advantage of what we were giving them. At least we played press coverage. Players were in position but failed to make tackles. DB's played better late. That was surprising.

Looking forward to seeing James's breakdown on GNFP.

The downside is that EJ played well enough that Mullen can keep him as the starter. Hope we don't loose AR over this. And TG didn't **** the bed. Saban made him look good so that we won't fire him. That sucks the most.

I didn't hear the post game but supposedly Mullen alluded to needing to recruit better. Duh. I have no hope that he'll do anything about it though.
Hard to tell if bama played bad or we made them look bad. I really wish AR were starting. I'd have more hope against UGA and against bama of we see them again in December (though Bryce will be a better QB by then).

In closing, we have way less talent than bama. Call them an A+ and us a B. I'm shocked we made it as close as it was however credit to bama for letting us hang around.

Now we have to read a Threattakes too? JK.....

Nice succinct analysis.

Blonde Gator

Founding Member
Cynic
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Just got home after being out all day, and stopped in to see how it went....I am guessing not good, judging by the first post I saw here which started with "the reason why we lost.." Which pretty much why I accepted the invitation for today, in the first place to spend the late afternoon/evening with my HS pal whom I've not seen forever, (and oops, the new husband had his eyes severely opened today) and in the second place to drink some good martinis. Anyway, how badly did we get kicked today? Is it worth it to watch the replay, or would I be better off waiting until next year? These Gators..................

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Just got home after being out all day, and stopped in to see how it went....I am guessing not good, judging by the first post I saw here which started with "the reason why we lost.." Which pretty much why I accepted the invitation for today, in the first place to spend the late afternoon/evening with my HS pal whom I've not seen forever, (and oops, the new husband had his eyes severely opened today) and in the second place to drink some good martinis. Anyway, how badly did we get kicked today? Is it worth it to watch the replay, or would I be better off waiting until next year? These Gators..................
Watch the replay. Drunk.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m just saying what he said in the presser.

I have seen nothing online about the extent of his injuries. Only what Mullen said in his presser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.