Quick hits UF v Bama

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I saw quite a bit of piss poor DB technique by both teams today. I don't know what, how or why they are teaching how to play that position these days, but it is bad.
You know, the one thing that Trailerbammer does pretty significantly poorly is covering. Their DBs tackle well, and are I suspect selected on that basis, but they are suspect to the pass always, if you can survive their DL.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Sit a year? EJ will be back next season because, as of now, he isn't even a combine invite. AR will have to be content with being the backup next season too. I highly doubt he will wait that long behind a QB he knows he is better than. AR will be starting next season. The only question is with us or someone else.
I would just leave if by the end of the year I wasn't starting. AR could transfer to almost any team and be the guy right now. No way I'm sticking around and having to "earn" his spot. He's already earned it by everyone buy Mullen.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
You know, the one thing that Trailerbammer does pretty significantly poorly is covering. Their DBs tackle well, and are I suspect selected on that basis, but they are suspect to the pass always, if you can survive their DL.

We sure survived their DL just fine. They got pushed around in fact. It looked like EJ had decades to think where he could pass the ball and still could not. That's the problem.

Gotta give you credit about the OL. They are definitely not the problem anymore.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
If we just hand the ball off on the 2 pt instead of the 5 min read that EJ did, we score easy. Hole was huge.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If we just hand the ball off on the 2 pt instead of the 5 min read that EJ did, we score easy. Hole was huge.
There was a defender that Delance was whiffing on that would have gotten into a better position and likely contacted Davis, but I think Davis would have still pushed through him as I don't think he would have been able to square him up and Davis probably would have gotten the points

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Meh. You only bytch about the refs when you lose. It's part of the game and calls go both ways. Unless you're gonna analyze each play for the calls they got and the plays they missed it's a fruitless and frustrating endeavor. I'll concentrate on what we can control.

Unless you wanna talk about the Swindle. Refs definitely and purposefully determined the outcome of that game.

Not to mention Bama had more penalties called against them than we did and for more yardage. They had 11 called on them for 81 yard, and we only had 7 called on us for 67 yards.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Mullen sat Trask for 3 years behind the giraffe. If he's truly concerned about AR's hammy - OK. Hoping he's not sitting AR just because he's trying to make a point that he's right. EJ played well in a huge game and that's great news, but If he plays AR yesterday we win that game.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Mullen sat Trask for 3 years behind the giraffe. If he's truly concerned about AR's hammy - OK. Hoping he's not sitting AR just because he's trying to make a point that he's right. EJ played well in a huge game and that's great news, but If he plays AR yesterday we win that game.
I disagree, I think he played ok. He's been at UF 4 years now there is no reason for the throws being so poor so often. He throws behind Wrs all the time, he skips ball to often as well. I just don't see how AR didn't beat him out in camp. How do you not get rid of the ball on the last play, there could of been a catch or even a PI that gave you a chance at the end zone. Instead he tried to scramble with 2 defenders within 5 yards of him. I just don't think you win a title with him at Qb

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Where did the minute go from the time? The refs called 2:26 and they put 1:26 on the clock.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
I disagree, I think he played ok. He's been at UF 4 years now there is no reason for the throws being so poor so often. He throws behind Wrs all the time, he skips ball to often as well. I just don't see how AR didn't beat him out in camp. How do you not get rid of the ball on the last play, there could of been a catch or even a PI that gave you a chance at the end zone. Instead he tried to scramble with 2 defenders within 5 yards of him. I just don't think you win a title with him at Qb

EJ showed improvement in that he didn't blow the game taking sacks and made quite a few plays that kept Bama's D on their heels. Passing was about as good as it's ever gonna get with EJ. His most critical error was the personally botched, critical 2-pointer where he wouldn't let the ball carrier take the rock. As mentioned before, there was a nice hole in the line for the score and he was looking right through it. A no-brainer for any QB to make the quick power hand-off and instead he fought his own RB for control of the ball. Still, it was a long game and EJ played every snap, and we were in position to win against #1. If Mullen played AR it would have doubled the pressure on Bama, and they were already cracking under what we were putting on them. L'il Nicky is glad to get out of G'ville with a win he knew he was on the ropes.

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
in the first place to spend the late afternoon/evening with my HS pal whom I've not seen forever, (and oops, the new husband had his eyes severely opened today).

How was this reference not explored or expanded upon? Would help to know (see) just what severely opened the new husband’s eyes.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
According to Mullen in his presser there were two missed assignments in the 2 point play. He didn't ay who because he didn't want to bore us.
That makes twice he's called a goal line play that the team apparently hadn't practiced enough.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
According to Mullen in his presser there were two missed assignments in the 2 point play. He didn't ay who because he didn't want to bore us.
That makes twice he's called a goal line play that the team apparently hadn't practiced enough.

That was one of those highly secret plays he was saving.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im pretty sure they are missed reads. Count the box look at certain gaps etc. All the players seemed to run the same play, and it is basically the mirror of what they ran last time... and a staple of Mullenism.

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
And if he takes all the snaps we blow them out. Bama had less than 80 rushing yards. Let that sink in.
I’m getting sick and ****ing tired of mullenz. We had every opportunity to win that fuchsing game. AR better had been half dead not to play. Why can’t mullen go in the transfer Portal

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator