Random, sometimes funny, gif and post padding thread #5

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Frank Adams of Tucson, Ariz., published a slim book titled “A Scientific Search for the Face of Jesus.” (Psychical Aid Foundation, 1972).

Adams bases his description of Jesus on three ancient manuscripts: a letter from Publius Lentulus, a Roman, to the Senate in Rome; Pontius Pilate’s letter to Tiberias Caesar (before Pilate met Jesus face to face at his trial; and a report by Gamaliel, a Jewish teacher (and St. Paul’s teacher), to the Sanhedrin.

Here, according to Adams, are excerpts from the manuscripts:

Publius Lentulus: “He is a tall, well-proportioned man and there is a severity in his countenance which attracted love and reverence. His hair is the color of new wine, from the roots to the ears and thence to the shoulders. He has never been seen to laugh but has been observed to weep. He talks little but with great quality.”

Pontius Pilate: “One day in passing the place of Siloe, I observed in the midst of a concourse of people a young man leaning against a tree, calmly addressing the multitude. I was told it was Jesus. His golden-colored hair and beard were a contrast between him and his hearers with their black beards.”

Gamaliel: “He is the picture of his mother although his hair is a little more golden. He is tall and his shoulders are a little drooped. His eyes are blue. He is not a great talker unless there is something brought up about heaven and divine things when his eyes light up with peculiar brilliancy.”

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
GLalVZ8W8AA8Fb8

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads