Ranking the top 10 preseason poll flops

olegator

Jan 23, 2016
The most likely team to win it all is Ohio State. They're in a piss poor conference and have a great coach and great players. FSux would be a favorite but unfortunately they have Clemson. They can beat FSux. But they're not good enough to win a championship.

I'd like to see us play OSU for the NC this year......fun to think about.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I think they could lose by double digits to Ole Miss.
I don't think you're considering the Freeze Factor. They are horrible out of conference, bowl games and big games in general...He can't even manage a win over Bert with twice as much talent....I'll be rooting for Ole Miss but even Jimbo is a better coach and I wouldn't be surprised to see FSU win by 17 or more.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
Don't sleep on the Gators just maybe pulling out a W at FSU. If we can get rolling and be consistent on offense we can beat them. Its a rivalry game and you never know what can happen. 2 years ago we should have beat them because they turned the ball over so much. We just couldn't score TD's and put them away!
Go Gators!!!

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
by far the worst, or near worst has to be the 2000 Alabama team that started the season #3, and only amassed the same number of total wins

but that's not in the last 10 years is it. can't tarnish that golden child name now, could they.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Fsu is going to be crap this year, they have no qb. They'll also not even win their own division because they are going to get pantsed by Clemson en route to that Watson kid winning the hei$man. As for the ole miss game, ole miss is going to murder them. Ole miss ALWAYS plays on fire early in the season and then fades late. Despite losing some players, they are still loaded with suitcase paid talent and chad Kelly will be slinging it around. Fsu has multiple double digit losses this year, write it down.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
On paper FSUX supposedly has the most talented roster in CFB this year.....But they have Jimbo guiding them, so there's that..

Jimbo says he gets great recruits because he serves as the Father these boys need -- especially when
he makes home visits to Momma.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's a good thing Fisher is straight trash as a coach. How do they recruit like bama but lose teams like georgia tech and nc state? I've never been impressed with his coaching.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
B1G is hollow. Between MICH and tOSU, throw in a little Sparty spice to the wins/losses. and whomever wins the conference will be in the CFP looking to get their ass beat.

ACC will try to ride CLEM and F$U all season as their banner bearers, but CLEM will trounce them and ride on the CFP where they make the finals again.

AL will win nearly all their games, but by closer margins than last year (it is a down year, after all), then roll whomever from the East (to include us if we make it), and roll to another NC. Only deflection in that path is we have the potential to put up a fight in the SECCG this time, and maybe we get lucky...additionally, AL may stumble in the CFP due to players believing they are owed the NC as opposed to earning it.

Fourth CFP spot goes to B12. Not that they deserve it, or have a team worthy, but because they've been left out of the spotlight too long and the powers that be will want to try and keep them relevant.

P12 has exams that week.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Playoffs will be Clemson/FSU winner, tOSU/Michigan winner, Alabama/LSU winner and ?. ? might be Oklahoma or Stanford/Oregon, Notre Dame or some other non-power 5 team.

Oh, and LSU beats 'Bama this year (barring injuries). Game is at LSU, both teams coming off byes. LSU is rock solid everywhere except QB. Returning starter Brandon Harris is athletic and has a great arm but struggled last year with accuracy and decision making. The difference this year? Either he's going to improve or LSU will bring in Danny Etling. Etling played with Austin Appleby at Purdue before both of them transferred out. Etling had to sit out last year. He led the scout team against the starting LSU defense every week. Etling can play, has about a season of starting experience at Purdue. So either way, LSU will get better production out of the QB spot--either Brandon Harris makes that jump or Danny Etling takes the reins.

Alex.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ason-ap-top-25-poll-flops-over-past-10-years/

36% of preseason top 10's finished with 4-8 losses. The media aint so good at picking winners.
Muschamp has the honor of being the 3rd worst flop ( he can't even win at losing). What is jarring to read and what I almost had erased from my memory is that we went 4-8 in 2013. FOUR and EIGHT at FLORIDA. My mind is reblown.
Not that it helps any but didn't Georgia Southern have to vacate that win so we were actually 5-7?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not that it helps any but didn't Georgia Southern have to vacate that win so we were actually 5-7?
Thats notbthe way it works. GSU may habe had to vacate their wins but its still a loss for use, officially.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.