Ranking the top 25 facilities in CFB for 2018

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I thought our players ate out of slop buckets and pissed in holes in the wall? I heard our bathrooms were straight out of Saw III. But somehow we are ahead of UGA? So this is saying we are middle of the pack in the SEC? Weird

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wonder what we were ranked prior to the IPF and renovations under Mac.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I thought our players ate out of slop buckets and pissed in holes in the wall? I heard our bathrooms were straight out of Saw III. But somehow we are ahead of UGA? So this is saying we are middle of the pack in the SEC? Weird
We're a top 5 money revenue program so we should have top 5 Facilities...Period!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Top 5 facilities are on the way...some point here soon

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I agree. Stricklin has proven to me so far he won't be cheap, so I see us shooting up that list in the near future.
We have along way to go and a couple hundred million dollars to spend on our football facilities before we get into the top 5.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If facilities were the difference, then why do half the teams on that list suck? Coaching and recruiting are what matters most.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We're a top 5 money revenue program so we should have top 5 Facilities...Period!
It’d be interesting to see where we stack up on facilities across all sports. I’d hope very high considering the lag on football.

I also believe the UAA sent $25MM to UF this past year.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am not defending us being #21 because I agree that we should be in the top ten in anything but there does not appear to be a direct correlation between quality of facilities and success. Oregon, Texas, Tennessee, and Nebraska in particular are not getting the results commensurate with their investment.
In addition, I find it ironic that Jimbo left FSU due to poor facilities, among other things, and yet they are way better than us on the list.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If facilities were the difference, then why do half the teams on that list suck? Coaching and recruiting are what matters most.
It all matters. I really don’t know what we need beyond a football stand alone and some renovations to existing facilities. Someone may have a better idea, but I think the stand alone is a major concern with recruiting. That would get us near the top 10, and then things like weather, proximity to family, and academic support would outweigh some of the superficial frills that other schools have.

We also have good facilities in other sports that recruits see on OV’s. Could you imagine going to the VB game as a recruit this weekend and seeing the fan support there in the renovated arena. So I agree with you on coaching and recruiting, but facilities matter too, and I think we are one major project away from closing that gap.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
Every advantage (or disadvantage in our case) matters, half the teams on the list ahead of us like to come into Florida and poach good recruits that we should be able to keep home. How many 4* and 5* guys have we lost out on because we're losing the arms race? Moving up this list could be the thing that puts us over the top with a number of these kids.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Congrats to UT for being able to be in the top 5 in something other than a women's sport.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Kansas being in the top 25 has really made their football program relevant. :lol:

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
Do we have any updates on our football standalone complex? It's supposed to break ground this month -- is that still happening?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.