Ranking the top 25 facilities in CFB for 2018

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I also believe the UAA sent $25MM to UF this past year.

That’s correct. They usually give $5-6m and are among the very few athletic programs that are self-sustaining. I’m guessing the bump was to support a major campaign.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I thought our players ate out of slop buckets and pissed in holes in the wall? I heard our bathrooms were straight out of Saw III. But somehow we are ahead of UGA? So this is saying we are middle of the pack in the SEC? Weird

There are 14 teams in the SEC. We rank 8 out of 14. That's middle of the pack.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I understand that this sort of list is, to some degree, subjective. I also comprehend the fact that it is possible to have a great physical plant and still be thoroughly mediocre. But what I can't even begin to grasp is the "Foley was the best thing that ever happened to UF" crowd trying to make excuses for, or simply ignoring, his willful, long-term neglect of the FB facilities in general. That stagnation even includes the stadium itself. Along with the three failed HC hires, Foley's refusal to keep UF's FB facilities at, or near the top of the SEC, is a serious indictment of his tenure at UF. In light of the tremendous resources he had to draw upon, It could be argued that Foley was among the worst ADs in the country in all matters pertaining to the FB program. End of rant.

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Do we have any updates on our football standalone complex? It's supposed to break ground this month -- is that still happening?
I've been trying to find out what's going on with this to no avail. Original plan was to put it west of practice fields and construction could start at any time. Then there was discussion about putting it south of the practice fields after the baseball stadium is demolished. I can't get find any definitive answer on what they have decided to do.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
It seems pretty arbitrary and subjective, doesn't it?

I never accept them without knowing how they were evaluated, and those criteria should be very apparent. A brief review did not show them. Now Oregon has the number one and Clemson has some new stuff. Fancy stuff should not count that much to me. And if some player likes a fake river well perhaps he is not tough enough to be a Gator.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I kept looking for some sort of scientific basis to the rankings. Instead I found lots of images that attempted to equate ranking with country club atmosphere.

I suppose it matters that the meeting room spills onto the practice field or that the weight room has pretty little murals on the textured walls.

What came across very clear is that four of the top 10 spenders are getting what amounts to a crap return on equity.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I love to see an ROI analysis using a money spent/National Championships ratio for the last 20 years. I bet we'd be in the top 3.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I love to see an ROI analysis using a money spent/National Championships ratio for the last 20 years. I bet we'd be in the top 3.

Rather see it by each decade...

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Damnit! Still # 21 ain't moved up a bit. Be glad when coach Mullen gets back.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
UCF is about to rocket to #1 ... they're annexing DisneyWorld as part of their facilities via Lifetime Passes for all FB-players.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
UCF is about to rocket to #1 ... they're annexing DisneyWorld as part of their facilities via Lifetime Passes for all FB-players.

Not as far off as you may think.

river.jpg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...03e1f6394c9_story.html?utm_term=.32832073a1d1

In the artist’s rendering released by University of Central Florida athletics, the lazy river is crystalline blue as it weaves past the miniature golf course and the sand volleyball courts, turning a bend before it reaches the hot tub. On the patio, a few wooden huts provide a shaded area where — if this wasn’t a facility being built by a state university to attract teenagers — one might expect to find a jovial bartender in a floral-patterned shirt blending a pitcher of pina coladas.

This March, as in years past, the people who run UCF athletics have watched the NCAA men’s basketball tournament with envy. The Knights haven’t earned a berth since 2005. But UCF Athletic Director Danny White has a plan to turn the Knights into perennial contenders in March and a force on the football field every fall. That plan, White announced last month, involves building something more commonly seen in water parks or Caribbean resorts than on a college campus: a lazy river intended to recruit star high school athletes.

Alex.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
UCLA may have some shortened fields due to space constraints but their facilities they recently built look a lot better than ours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.