Reason Grier transferred

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You got it almost right. The public part is the mistake. Look at the best coaches in the game and you'll see they keep everything in the family always no matter how much a player deserves public criticism.

I agree 99.9% of the time you keep it in house. But Chad Grier is the one who first made it a nationally public issue, with his written article. At that point you had to get in front of it. I believe it is a more damned if you do, damned if you don't. If Chad would have not written the article and talked to every camera that would give him the time of day, it would have been handled in house.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Anyone else reading the newspaper articles saying the NCAA drug guy wants to stop marijuana tests? Says they should keep penalizing cheaters but leave recreational users alone. To the illegality argument he responds"...then test for alcohol and cigarettes in underage athletes.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
None. Apparently they stopped testing Treon once Grier was suspended.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Anyone else reading the newspaper articles saying the NCAA drug guy wants to stop marijuana tests? Says they should keep penalizing cheaters but leave recreational users alone. To the illegality argument he responds"...then test for alcohol and cigarettes in underage athletes.

Link? Sounds like a good move, IMO.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Link? Sounds like a good move, IMO.

It's actually the NCAA medical director: NCAA medical chief Dr. Brian Hainline

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/ncaa-athletes-marijuana-penalties_5681766ae4b014efe0d8c989

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I agree 99.9% of the time you keep it in house. But Chad Grier is the one who first made it a nationally public issue, with his written article. At that point you had to get in front of it. I believe it is a more damned if you do, damned if you don't. If Chad would have not written the article and talked to every camera that would give him the time of day, it would have been handled in house.
Good points and I can't disagree. I don't think it's going to hurt us in any way.

Screw Chad and the whole clan. Hopefully Del Rio, Franks, Allen, hell, even Trask leave us wondering why we even gave Will's quitting on his team and teammates a second thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.