Recruit/Commit Update

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just a little info to share on commit Dameon Pierce. Bainbridge played pre-season scrimmage against Lowndes County HS (Valdosta GA). Format was three quarters varsity, one quarter JV. Lowndes won the varsity session 14-0 and kept Dameon bottled-up between the tackles fairly effectively. He did have a few nice runs where he allowed blocks to set up and then effectively cut off of them, one went for about fifty yards. Even on the nulls, he was difficult to bring down and I think this speaks to the pride and tenacity with which he plays.

Dameon was targeted a few times in the passing game. He only had a couple of catchable balls and one resulted in an interference penalty. His best reception was a nice reception up the seam for about twenty. His best route was slipping out of the backfield up the middle of the field where he got behind the safety. The QB overthrew him, but an on-target shot would have been a score. He can definitely run a route and make the catch.

Lowndes was a bigger school and looks to be pretty sporty this season. Bainbridge threatened to score twice (once inside the ten), but wound up turning it over on downs. Since the game doesn't really count, you could say they made a decent showing, even though the OL struggled against Lowndes front seven. These games are valuable in terms of assessment leading into the regular season. I'll update this thread a little later when the stats are available. Bottom line is that I think Dameon's got a chance to play some good ball for us...just got to get him to campus (seems like you got to qualify comments on about all the recruits like this these days!). For what it's worth, he told me he was happy and solid and that Coach Seider had made a great impression and developed a good relationship with him. Positives are good to hear. More later...

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Just a little info to share on commit Dameon Pierce. Bainbridge played pre-season scrimmage against Lowndes County HS (Valdosta GA). Format was three quarters varsity, one quarter JV. Lowndes won the varsity session 14-0 and kept Dameon bottled-up between the tackles fairly effectively. He did have a few nice runs where he allowed blocks to set up and then effectively cut off of them, one went for about fifty yards. Even on the nulls, he was difficult to bring down and I think this speaks to the pride and tenacity with which he plays.

Dameon was targeted a few times in the passing game. He only had a couple of catchable balls and one resulted in an interference penalty. His best reception was a nice reception up the seam for about twenty. His best route was slipping out of the backfield up the middle of the field where he got behind the safety. The QB overthrew him, but an on-target shot would have been a score. He can definitely run a route and make the catch.

Lowndes was a bigger school and looks to be pretty sporty this season. Bainbridge threatened to score twice (once inside the ten), but wound up turning it over on downs. Since the game doesn't really count, you could say they made a decent showing, even though the OL struggled against Lowndes front seven. These games are valuable in terms of assessment leading into the regular season. I'll update this thread a little later when the stats are available. Bottom line is that I think Dameon's got a chance to play some good ball for us...just got to get him to campus (seems like you got to qualify comments on about all the recruits like this these days!). For what it's worth, he told me he was happy and solid and that Coach Seider had made a great impression and developed a good relationship with him. Positives are good to hear. More later...
Good stuff, cover! Again, glad you're back.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Damn it. Does cover always have to get like 50 likes?

Good stuff. I liked it.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016

Breath of fresh air, Cover. Actual substantive reporting. U could monetize your insights.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Are you from that area Cover2?
I am. Coached football and a variety of other sports in Bainbridge.

Cover is the man.
Thanks MJM! Could I get you to relay that to the Missus? She sometimes forgets ;)

Breath of fresh air, Cover. Actual substantive reporting. U could monetize your insights.
Thanks Lake. I wrote a piece for my hometown paper covering the local team's football, basketball, and baseball for about three years. Enjoyed it, but it was hard to keep up with working full time and managing some of my health issues. I would like to do something like that again soon, but maybe at the collegiate level. My coaching buddies used to tease me and tell me they thought I was a English Lit teacher trapped inside a weight room teacher and coach's body. I took it as a compliment :)

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As always Cover, you never fail to disappoint. Good stuff there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator