Recruiting "The Bama Way"

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
What does it matter? won't effect their recruiting anyway. 5*'s will continue to beat down their door regardless

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I think he is saying it's shady. Which it kind of is..

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
What does it matter? won't effect their recruiting anyway. 5*'s will continue to beat down their door regardless
Yep...they will! I just find it funny that when Michigan does this type of sh*t every sports journalist in the country is ripping Harbaugh. Yet... when "King Saban" does it,you hear nothing!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Saban has done it all along. Creyer did it and still does it.

Whiners gonna whine.

I wish we had the option of inviting the 3 stars to move on.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yep...they will! I just find it funny that when Michigan does this type of sh*t every sports journalist in the country is ripping Harbaugh. Yet... when "King Saban" does it,you hear nothing!
The difference is that Harbaugh just pulled the scholarships. Saban asks them to gray shirt. He still wants them, he just doesn't want to waste a scholly on them. So he puts the onus on the kid to de-commit.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
He's a what? A three star? Look kid. You are not guaranteed anything. Maybe you feel like Bama pulled the rug out from under you because they talk to you about greyshirting five days before day. Maybe you ought to talk to Troy State or Samford. They would "value you more as a player I'm sure.

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
A 3 star OLB recruit, the kid's perceptive enough to know he's being strung along. Nice problem to have for Bama, not so much for the kids.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The difference is that Harbaugh just pulled the scholarships. Saban asks them to gray shirt. He still wants them, he just doesn't want to waste a scholly on them. So he puts the onus on the kid to de-commit.

Yeah...but not really. If you offer them a scholly and accept their pledge and then come back right before signing day and tell them you want them to greyshirt then isn't really the coaches who have "de-committed" from the player ?

You are right though. He does still want him. He's just not as valuable to him anymore which is why he's asking him to greyshirt. Essentially asking a scholarship caliber kid to walk on. It's dirty, rotten and low down to do this to a kid days before signing day. Still though, it must be nice to be in a position to do that. I hate him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If they wanted the kid, they would invite someone else on the team to transfer to South Alabama or take a medical. They know that if they invite the kid to grayshirt the kid will decommit.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The media jumped on Harbaugh because the Big 10 has always squawked about their moral superiority in this regard. It was their excuse for not being able to win anything outside their conference...until Meyer made the scene.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Exactly. These kids are lined up to play at Bama. It's unbelievable.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How is this any different than asking a kid to take a Perferred Walk-On just because his parents have money?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
How is this any different than asking a kid to take a Perferred Walk-On just because his parents have money?
Maybe because he was committed for quite some time after being offered a scholarship and then told otherwise?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

In that case seems to me the well-off parents are practicing altruism ... I mean they could
have their son use up a scholly, then donate the amount to a scholarship fund. Or they could
pay his own way as susportive parents. It certainly does not involve selfishness of any participants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.