Recruiting Recruits pushing announcements to NSD...is this good or bad for UF?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like Cowart, Ivey, and Holland plan to announce on NSD. CeCe was already set for NSD. So is this good or bad for UF? They are/were all considered UF leans at some point. So...was recruiting so bad that delays in announcements is a good thing for us? Or are we just now losing ground and this is a bad thing?

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not as tied in as many, but I think the "social" aspect of recruiting has gotten much bigger - player recruiting other players, etc. I personally think it is a good thing - coach Mac is making many take "a second look" before making up their minds. It's going to depend on these official visits, and how these players talk to each other.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I don't think it can get worse. Seriously though, with this beatdown that fsucks had today I think a new regime preaching hope may help UF. Winston not so skrong and....he gone

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Gatoravatara;n141901 said:
Announcing earlier> Announcing later.

Not in this case. They are just getting a chance to meet the new staff. Sure you'd live to have a kid like the TE recently who was all in regardless. But giving us time to get things settled isn't a bad thing this year.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I think none of the big names wanting to jump on now and lead this class out of the toilet says alot.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GatorTAG;n141924 said:
I think none of the big names wanting to jump on now and lead this class out of the toilet says alot.

Valid point. Oh well, this class was screwed from day 1 because of retaining the monkey. May be time to start looking ahead to next year. But God help us in 2017 when this class starts being relied on.

ShadowGator

Broken
Oct 24, 2014
We'll get our share and be a top 25 recruiting class I believe. Too much playing time available, NFL and national championships all throughout the coaching staff we know about. Gators have a lot t offer, and it is easy for the players to see that opportunity.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n141916 said:
Not in this case. They are just getting a chance to meet the new staff. Sure you'd live to have a kid like the TE recently who was all in regardless. But giving us time to get things settled isn't a bad thing this year.

Agreed. Bad would be they committed somewhere else. Good would be they pledged to UF. Not committing is neither, but at least it ain't bad.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think they are waiting to meet the new staff. I think it's a good thing that they are willing to still give us a look but my gut says we're going to be disappointed. I also think they're pushing it back because they are enjoying the process. I tend to think them pushing it back may hurt us because we need time to make a strong push for the plan b guys.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n141947 said:
Valid point. Oh well, this class was screwed from day 1 because of retaining the monkey. May be time to start looking ahead to next year. But God help us in 2017 when this class starts being relied on.

I totally agree with you on this class being screwed from day 1. But if we can have a monster year next cycle and plug in a few juco transfers to fill some needs, we should be fine in 2017. Lol its kinda funny we're debating about 2017

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like CeCe, Holland, and Cowart all bought a Chucky doll. Those things are like $80-$100 on Amazon. So either they were given the dolls or they have a legitimate interest in UF. I can't see a HS kid spending that much just to troll someone. Not saying buying a doll means they are coming, but I think it shows we still have a legit shot.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;142206 said:
Looks like CeCe, Holland, and Cowart all bought a Chucky doll. Those things are like $80-$100 on Amazon. So either they were given the dolls or they have a legitimate interest in UF. I can't see a HS kid spending that much just to troll someone. Not saying buying a doll means they are coming, but I think it shows we still have a legit shot.

I don't think we're being trolled. I think that they really don't know.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The current UF staff has only been allowed one week to really get to know these recruits before the dead period, them waiting is a good thing for us. It gives our new staff time to make a case for coming to Florida. It is also a good move for them to get all the data before choosing a college.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I call it as I see it and verbals have never meant anything to me. In this case having guys push back their "committed" verbals canNOT hurt us. Gives us a chance to meet this guys when the quiet period ends. As seen VERY recently, there are a zillion places to play ball and be on TV every week. No longer 5 or 6 dominant teams. Our BEST and ONLY recruiting tool we need is the depth chart and list of names on it. Contrary to what WM said and popular belief there is NOT a wealth or boatload of talent on those depth charts!!!!!!!

Dec 10, 2014
It's really, really bad. Commitments nowadays also recruit. If these guys want to go to UF and win, they know they need to get on board and build momentum. We have like eight commitments right now. We need to sign between 25-27. Compensating for a bad recruiting class is very, very tough. Even if the new regime coaches lights out, in two years we will have major problems. But back to the original point. Assuming we sign the eight we have, we need to 17-19 more. We need the chips to start falling and that's not happening...

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I believe them delaying their announcement helps UF. Gives the staff more time to talk to the players.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n142276 said:
It's really, really bad. Commitments nowadays also recruit. If these guys want to go to UF and win, they know they need to get on board and build momentum. We have like eight commitments right now. We need to sign between 25-27. Compensating for a bad recruiting class is very, very tough. Even if the new regime coaches lights out, in two years we will have major problems. But back to the original point. Assuming we sign the eight we have, we need to 17-19 more. We need the chips to start falling and that's not happening...

I think the EE's will help us see if folks are going to jump on board come NSD. If we get Ray Ray, Merrick, and Coney, then you can expect a big haul on NSD.

Dec 10, 2014
alcoholica;n142501 said:
I think the EE's will help us see if folks are going to jump on board come NSD. If we get Ray Ray, Merrick, and Coney, then you can expect a big haul on NSD.

NONE of those guys are committed though. That's kind of my point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.