Recruiting Recruits pushing announcements to NSD...is this good or bad for UF?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n142501 said:
I think the EE's will help us see if folks are going to jump on board come NSD. If we get Ray Ray, Merrick, and Coney, then you can expect a big haul on NSD.
None of those guys are jumping on board dude.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Merrick is out best shot. Coney is a long shot at this point. I forgot Ray Ray is waiting too.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If they put it off til NSD that's more time to meet 'em and flip 'em! Mac will have a surpirse or two.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n141865 said:
Looks like Cowart, Ivey, and Holland plan to announce on NSD. CeCe was already set for NSD. So is this good or bad for UF? They are/were all considered UF leans at some point. So...was recruiting so bad that delays in announcements is a good thing for us? Or are we just now losing ground and this is a bad thing?

Yes, maybe.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know if it helps or hurts... it really depends on why the delayed. If they were thinking they were going to choose another team and are now giving UF a chance... great for UF. If they were ready to commit to UF and now are thinking more... obviously that could hurt.

To state the obvious... we would always prefer kids commit to UF early and we would also prefer they wait to commit to UF than commit to somewhere else early.

Bottom line is we won't know until they sign the paper if this was good or bad

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If decision delaying is a negative thing, should we be worried about our 8 committed guys who are waiting until NSD?

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Let's say you were a salesperson trying to make inroads with a new product and the buyer had a deadline and was familiar with the other established salesmen and their products. If you were able to make a presentation to the buyer, even a short elevator pitch, and he decided to wait until the deadline to make a choice, instead of choosing one of the more familiar products before the deadline....well, I would consider that to be a significant positive.

To me it would indicate that there is at least some level of curiosity related to the new product (or in this case, the new coach). Every day that these guys don't commit to another school is another day that the new staff has to tell their story and paint a new picture of the future of Florida football. Its not like these Florida "leans" had made any early commitment anyway.

So I believe any delay is a good thing.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The delay means at least they haven't ruled Florida out so it's gotta be a good thing.
If Ivey or Cowart announced today it would have been to somebody else.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The more apparent it becomes or seems that UF has coaching status improved over what all recruits had to go by before,
then delay is time well spent. Recruits may become more aware that they should factor in 2-3 years down the road expectation then the higher UF's stock rises. (IMHO)

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think it is good in that they aren't declaring for another team now. Could be bad if we don't sign them and there aren't good other options.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anything that allows our coaches to spend more time recruiting these guys is a good thing.

Dec 10, 2014
TN G8tr;n142640 said:
If they put it off til NSD that's more time to meet 'em and flip 'em! Mac will have a surpirse or two.

The recruits we are talking about aren't "flips." They are recruits announcing their decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.