REPORT: Continued incompetence as players have not been informed

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like they are all finding out by Twitter and they’re pissed. It looks like he did not inform players at his last stop either when he left.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yeah, I see a lot of anger with LDR's statement in the box. But honestly, I think it's more a shot at JM than the school. Not usually a fan of his, but I really don't have an issue with him or anyone else being upset about their coach not telling them the news.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Yeah, I see a lot of anger with LDR's statement in the box. But honestly, I think it's more a shot at JM than the school. Not usually a fan of his, but I really don't have an issue with him or anyone else being upset about their coach not telling them the news.
What did Luke Del Cantthrow say

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They got their heads-up at the pre-game meal yesterday. They absolutely knew this was coming.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
What do these pansies want? A catered lunch so they can have one last hurrah.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
They got their heads-up at the pre-game meal yesterday. They absolutely knew this was coming.

An equally terrible move by McElwain. Right before a massive game, after a week of them coming out and telling the world that they've got your back, you inform them that it may all be moot and you're likely out. Just incredible how bad he is at this.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Apparently it is not final yet, but if any player did not understand that they needed to be at least competitive with GA for their coach to have a future they must not be smart enough to be in college. If I was a HBC, no social media at all other than personal type things, or none at all. Not much talking to the press either.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not certain it's the university's or Mac's fault the players learned the way they did. Twitter moves at the speed of light.

But, yes, if I were a player, esp a player recruited by Mac, I'd want my goodbye to feel a bit more formal.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017

Nah, #b*tchlife just sees his playing days are probably over.

I use that description based on personal interactions with him. Dude whines and demands people call fouls on themselves when playing pick up basketball. His rich boy lips can't be asked to do it. And other similar whining

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Pretty much, that's your coach, LDR, Allen. But also according to Pat Dooley Mac told the team at the pre game meal about the meeting with Stiklin that there was not contact with Jimmy Sexton.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Nothing to inform the players about that they don't already know. He's not officially fired yet and still negotiating the terms of separation. I expect him to address the players when terms finalized and he leaves meeting with administration behind. No matter what he does, players will know via Twitter first. If he doesn't meet with players b4 leaving ...just another pelt to add to his coat of shame.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing to inform the players about that they don't already know. He's not officially fired yet .
AD should have called team together, sent a rep, said McElwain no longer w team, assigned interim and said we will tell you more later at your normal monday meeting whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator