Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If true, that might explain Herman's lack of preparation for SMU.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I'm sure Herman will deny talking with Texas (his agent sure did though). And if true, that is really shady of Texas when they haven't fired Strong.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure Herman will deny talking with Texas (his agent sure did though). And if true, that is really shady of Texas when they haven't fired Strong.

You mean like they have done everyone else... not a surprise by Texas at all.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
You mean like they have done everyone else... not a surprise by Texas at all.

Nope not a surprise. Texas wanted their guy and jumped at the chance once Miles was gone at LSU. So does this mean Jimbo to LSU now?

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Similar to Auburn going behind Tommy Tuberville's back by talking to Bob Petrino.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Firing one Meyer disciple and hiring another...I'm sure it'll work out wonderfully for Texas.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
So does this mean Jimbo to LSU now?

Interesting question, as I know Jimbo to LSU is murmured (by us) often.....what happens at F$U if he goes? First, I don't think he'll leave a program where he traditionally has 1-3 games a year and the rest are cupcakes, nor leave a place where the local police will cover up everything and anything so you're star players remain eligible. No matter how corrupt LSU is, F$U is worse and more enabling (less threatening from boosters).

Still, if Jimbo left F$U does anyone think they'd fall in the toilet again or would they find a guy who can step in and maintain? The foundation is there, and it would take a Muschamp level of stupidity to drive it into the ground. How does F$U fare if Jimbo leaves (or :eek: were arrested for all that sht)?

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
I think the only football reason that Jimbo would have to be inclined to leave FSU would be if Florida was regularly kicking his ass. Unless that's happening, LSU would at best be a lateral move, and Florida has a much bigger recruiting base than Louisiana.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Firing one Meyer disciple and hiring another...I'm sure it'll work out wonderfully for Texas.

Strong is more than just a Meyer disciple... he has worked under Hall, Spurrier, Zook, Holtz, and Meyer.

Same with Herman. Although he worked with Meyer for 3 years, his offensive philosophy was not influenced by Meyer. He ran an open offense at Iowa State, Rice, and Texas State.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Interesting question, as I know Jimbo to LSU is murmured (by us) often.....what happens at F$U if he goes? First, I don't think he'll leave a program where he traditionally has 1-3 games a year and the rest are cupcakes, nor leave a place where the local police will cover up everything and anything so you're star players remain eligible. No matter how corrupt LSU is, F$U is worse and more enabling (less threatening from boosters).

Still, if Jimbo left F$U does anyone think they'd fall in the toilet again or would they find a guy who can step in and maintain? The foundation is there, and it would take a Muschamp level of stupidity to drive it into the ground. How does F$U fare if Jimbo leaves (or :eek: were arrested for all that sht)?

Maybe Jimbo wants out of Tallahassee for personal reasons?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
LSU would at best be a lateral move

Really? Moving from the apple cupcake conference to the SEC west would be lateral? Why would he even consider leaving that cush job he has now? I mean they play like one ranked team a year besides us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.