Richt FIRED, Kirby Smart to be next UGA coach- College Football New Coaches Thread

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
UVA has lost to Virginia Tech in 16 of their last 17 meetings. Has anyone informed the UVA AD how Mark Richt performed in rivalry games?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@NickdelaTorreGC: That would have major implications for #Gators

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Why would anyone want to work for Schiano? And I think Williston needs to have his own twitter update thread.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds an awful lot like the way a certain other Saban DC was talked about when he got a high profile job as his first HC gig.
I think as has been written that they are friends and would work together if possible (recall that Muschamp wanted to hire Kirby as his DC when he got here), but their personalities are quite different. Didn't know Muschamp until I met him at a couple of gatherings. What we all saw was what we got with him obviously. It is unpopular to say, but he was certainly a better defensive coach while here IMO even though he was ultimately a failure as the head honcho. I believe Kirby is certainly sewed up more tightly and probably has the better HC temperament, but only time will tell once he is in the position. Like some have said, I'd rather us have to face Muschamp at the helm of the Dawgs, but despite him being a former player and alum, I don't think that would ever happen (him as HC) and quite frankly I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't a part of the staff up there, sooner or later.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Taking a knee comes out to the 25, you know?

Average starting position on kick off return including touchbacks this year 24.77 yard line. Your statement was:

Our drive start average is inside the twenty....

9 kickoffs have ended inside the 20 (2 were returned to the 40+ brought back by penalty, 2 more stopped due to fumble)

Last edited:

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@NickdelaTorreGC: That would have major implications for #Gators

Of all the assistants that we could potentially lose, I'm most worried about Shannon leaving. His value as a recruiter is huge, and I think he'd make a good DC whenever Collins leaves.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeahhhhhhhhhhh that's because of the defense and punt return units. I think we've had maybe 2 or 3 kick returns come out past the 32 all year.

it would be 4 that got past the 32. (2 short kicks, 2 39+ yard returns)

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why would anyone want to work for Schiano? And I think Williston needs to have his own twitter update thread.

^Agreed, Schiano has done a great job of burning bridges and while at Rutgers pissing off NFL scouts.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Why would Shannon want to retread as DC there again other than he is an alumni. He was the head coach there so why go back as a lesser job and admit to them all you were a failure. Not only that but Schiano has pissed off a lot of people all over the place and will be a field day for negative recruiting. I would love for Collins to have gotten a gig and us promote him, but not sure we don't loose both in the next few years for HC gigs. With how much people like retreads Shannon is gunning for a HC gig most likely and staying here gets him there faster.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Now Hines Ward want's to be on UGA staff. Of course all the UGA fans think this would make them a monster on the recruiting trail. This is turning into an alumni only apply situation. Can't see how this doesn't end poorly if he hires all his buddies.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@JohnHayesESPN: "I believe if Saban wins a National Title he will seriously consider doing something else besides being head coach at Alabama" - @finebaum

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Saban should just retire if they win it all. That would be an interesting coach search.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Is there legit reason to believe Smart is chump 2.0? Other than he's a DC? Until he coaches some games as HC, we won't really know. I hope it's true, but our luck is he'll turn out to be all world...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
@JohnHayesESPN: "I believe if Saban wins a National Title he will seriously consider doing something else besides being head coach at Alabama" - @finebaum
They're making a Wizard of Oz sequel and he's got a small part lined up.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lol@Mark_Schlabach: Told by sources close to Richt that he's considering the Miami job, but hasn't yet accepted. Trying to decide if he wants to coach

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They're making a Wizard of Oz sequel and he's got a small part lined up.
LollipopGuild.jpg

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
11 alive in Atlanta is saying Smart and UGA has agreed to terms...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.