Richt FIRED, Kirby Smart to be next UGA coach- College Football New Coaches Thread

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So maybe Kirby Smart will have been distracted all week and he won't have a defensive game plan for Saturday!

I suspect their base defense is all that's needed to do well. Sadly enough, this game is simply a practice game for their defense. Our only chance is if the offense feels the same way and they turn the ball over several times like they did against Ole Miss.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I suspect their base defense is all that's needed to do well. Sadly enough, this game is simply a practice game for their defense. Our only chance is if the offense feels the same way and they turn the ball over several times like they did against Ole Miss.
But do you think our defense and special teams can score enough?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is the most glopped up, discombobulated thread in the history of the interwebs.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Rumor is he is Muschamp 2.0

No way Kirby Smart has such vituperative temper, explosive rabid face ...
... thinks breaking whiteboards is good coaching. And no way Kirby Smart
loses to division II school or homecoming to Vandy. Smart won't go 4-8 at UGa.
No way Smart's plan will excoriate any and all Offense. However, hope he hires
Muschamp as DC so UGa gets bleach-blanketed by the Muschamp Curse.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You know, if we beat Bama (yea right) then it's pretty much a guarantee that the SEC won't be in the playoff :ugh:
Well being that people are starting to see the SEC as "Bama and the other guys," I have no problem with no SEC team in the playoffs. Maybe I will care when the conference stops being a one team conference nationally.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Not happy that Smart is going to UGA. I think he'll do well. That was not what we needed.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So, I really dont know anything about Kirby Smart... why is he such a bad hire?
I don't think he is other than he has no HC experience. He's a good recruiter and has a good personality in terms of deaing with boosters and parents IMO. He's also a good defensive mind and depending on who he hires as his OC, that shouldn't get in his way as the HBC. The Dawgs could do far worse. Personally, I'd rather they kept Richt, but even as a Gator, I am happy for Kirby, with the exception of one game each season!

Last edited:

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think he is other than he has no HC experience. He's a good recruiter and has a good personality in terms of dealing with parents, boosters, and parents IMO. He's also a good defensive mind and depending on who he hires as his OC, that shouldn't get in his way as the HBC. The Dawgs could do far worse. Personally, I'd rather they kept Richt, but even as a Gator, I am happy for Kirby, with the exception of one game each season!

Sounds an awful lot like the way a certain other Saban DC was talked about when he got a high profile job as his first HC gig.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But do you think.... special teams can score enough?
Have you been watching the same special teams I have? Zero blocked kicks, frankly we havent even threatened, and I cant even recall how many roughing the kicker calls.

Throw in the kicking situation where anything beyond an extra point is unlikely, and Im struggling to find any evidence that we have a special teams coach.

At least Nord was cheap. I doubt they miss him at whatever directional Kintucky scholl from which we stole him.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Have you been watching the same special teams I have? Zero blocked kicks, frankly we havent even threatened, and I cant even recall how many roughing the kicker calls.

Throw in the kicking situation where anything beyond an extra point is unlikely, and Im struggling to find any evidence that we have a special teams coach.

At least Nord was cheap. I doubt they miss him at whatever directional Kintucky scholl from which we stole him.
I don't know why anyone would think I was referring to Hardin, I was thinking Callaway on a punt return

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know why anyone would think I was referring to Hardin, I was thinking Callaway on a punt return

I knew what you meant. I didn't think kicker either because that position is worthless at this point.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good point. Punt return is the only ST that isnt an abject disaster.

Kick off coverage and Kick off return aren't bad. Punt coverage has been the MVP of the season, especially since we lost Grier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator