RIP Keith Jackson

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I get it. Every announcer who gives an excited call when a play goes against us hates us and wants us to lose. :rolleyes3:
As usual, you are clueless and didn't bother to read the stuff I posted about the bad blood between Jackson and Spurrier. Jackson DID want the Gators to lose because he hated Spurrier. Period. If you actually listened to Bama/UF games he did in the 90's you would absolutely understand what I'm talking about.

Alas, your balls were still dropping and you missed the most exciting era of Gator football. I'm surprised you've even heard of Jackson.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It's no secret that he and SOS did not care for each other but back then...everyone hated SOS and us. Spurrier did run up the score and he did love it. Who cares?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Best line EVER, “Mickey Andrews, whose defense is beleaguered right now.” (During 1997 Sugar Bowl romp to our first NC.)

Younger fans: back in the day there was ONE college football “Game of the Week” each Saturday on ABC and he called it. It was a huge deal and they used to track our record in televised games - which meant it was a big game. I bet UF hadn’t been nationally televised much more than 20 times by 1980.

So when we say Keith Jackson was “the voice” we mean he was THE voice of college football.

RIP

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
As usual, you are clueless and didn't bother to read the stuff I posted about the bad blood between Jackson and Spurrier. Jackson DID want the Gators to lose because he hated Spurrier. Period. If you actually listened to Bama/UF games he did in the 90's you would absolutely understand what I'm talking about.

Alas, your balls were still dropping and you missed the most exciting era of Gator football. I'm surprised you've even heard of Jackson.
Whatever you say, god emperor of the message board.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe that’s what killed him, UCF should be ashamed.

its-a-sacrifice-im-willing-to-make.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Best line EVER, “Mickey Andrews, whose defense is beleaguered right now.” (During 1997 Sugar Bowl romp to our first NC.)
Yeah, Jackson always sounded like he was lightheaded from the throbbing erections he always got for Booby Bowden and Trailerbammer.

Loved hearing the pain in his voice as he watched Clown Town go down and he tried to raise the notion that someone else (like Suckeyes) should be the champs. (It didn't matter of course, by winning the Bowl Coalition championship game, we were assured of at least 1/2 the title.)

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
As a general fan of CFB when I was younger I enjoyed most of his calls.......BUT the man certainly had an obnoxious boner for Texas/Bama/OU/USC/FSU and Michigan-OSU depending on which one was winning the "big game".....

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
My guy was Lindsey Nelson..........back in the 60s..............I liked Keith.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Remember, Keith was paired with Bob Griese. Griese has eternal butthurt for Spurrier stealing his Heisman from him. Griese finished a DISTANT second to SOS, but the SEC never played football like the Big Ten and ****ing Purdue. Having that pussified twat as his color man no doubt soured Jackson on SOS. Losing Enberg recently is a helluva worse loss for the announcing world IMHO. Even such, if I had a 'favorite' call of Jackson, it is this one by far.....

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Jackson also thought Spurrier was a run-up-the-score jerk:

"Still ... the rap seems to hang on Spurrier. New York columnist Mike Lupica and ABC's Keith Jackson have both lodged the criticism, along with legions of fans from the schools Florida has not merely beaten but humiliated. And the reason that the charge seems to linger, I think, is simple enough. It isn't just that Spurrier "runs it up," but that he so plainly enjoys the blowouts. Positively relishes them. Demolishing Mississippi State was more than another victory, it was a validation."

http://www.espn.com/page2/s/norman/011005.html

Strange... that article didn’t bother to mention the reason for “running up the score” vs msu...

The previous year, msu beat UF and the fans were throwing beer bottles while UF tried to exit the field. An assistant took one to the skull and I think needed stitches. SOS didn’t like that too much. Next year, SOS told the UF fans not to retaliate, promising us he would handle the retaliation on the scoreboard. The HBC reiterated his reason for that last TD after the game.

Funny how agendas can create selective memories. Screw every last one of those media types who either didn’t do their homework or purposely omitted the important facts.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Strange... that article didn’t bother to mention the reason for “running up the score” vs msu...

The previous year, msu beat UF and the fans were throwing beer bottles while UF tried to exit the field. An assistant took one to the skull and I think needed stitches. SOS didn’t like that too much. Next year, SOS told the UF fans not to retaliate, promising us he would handle the retaliation on the scoreboard. The HBC reiterated his reason for that last TD after the game.

Funny how agendas can create selective memories. Screw every last one of those media types who either didn’t do their homework or purposely omitted the important facts.

Cool story, never heard that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator