RIP Thelma Lou

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Betty Lynn, Thelma Lou on ‘The Andy Griffith Show,’ dead at 95

Betty Lynn, the film and television actress best known for playing Barney Fife’s sweetheart Thelma Lou on "The Andy Griffith Show," has died. She was 95.

The star died peacefully on Saturday after a brief illness, The Andy Griffith Museum in Mount Airy, North Carolina, announced in a statement.

Lynn appeared as Thelma Lou in the hit series from 1961 until 1966. She reprised her role in "Return to Mayberry," the made-for-TV movie where she and Fife (Don Knotts) got married.

So..
Besides Ron Howard, I think all of the other regulars are gone now...

By the way... the clues were there ;) (NTTAWWT)

MV5BOWNhZDA2ZTgtNDE2YS00ZDY5LTk2YzQtZmQ3MjdkYTUxZjdhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjIyMzMxMTk@._V1_.jpg

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
What clues? Was Thelma Lou gay? I know Gomer was but your post was about her...

Gomer - this was before the public knew, but Thelma Lou forced his hand.
The look on his face... :lol2:

Then again... Thelma Lou (Betty Lynn) never married, so...

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Gomer - this was before the public knew, but Thelma Lou forced his hand.
The look on his face... :lol2:

Then again... Thelma Lou (Betty Lynn) never married, so...
In 1986 the movie “Return to Mayberry" was released and in it Barney and Thelma Lou actually did marry each other.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
In 1986 the movie “Return to Mayberry" was released and in it Barney and Thelma Lou actually did marry each other.

good point... I should have clarified that, and I sincerely hope there aren't any wedding night videos anywhere on the dark web.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
As for her being gay she had no former husband or children. I always loved he look on her face when Barney had to live in the sheriffs office awhile and he was making out with her when Opie and Andy came in and turned on the lights.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
As for her being gay she had no former husband or children. I always loved he look on her face when Barney had to live in the sheriffs office awhile and he was making out with her when Opie and Andy came in and turned on the lights.

I wonder if Thelma Lou and Juanita ever found out about each other?

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Thelma Lou and Helen Crump were both very attractive ladies. But I'd throw rocks at both of them for a chance with Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island.

intro-1609444189.jpg

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Played by Aneta Corsaut - who, oddly enough, also never married or had children.

Can't blame them. All the men in Mayberry were losers. Seriously. The barber, the mayor, the drunk, the mechanic, Gomer, Barney, all of them. Gotta feel bad for the ladies of Mayberry.

Alex.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Thelma Lou and Helen Crump were both very attractive ladies. But I'd throw rocks at both of them for a chance with Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island.

intro-1609444189.jpg

iu

Technical foul.

You're mixing shows. You can't do that (except for two narrow exceptions, Jeannie versus Samantha and Morticia versus Lily).

It's Thelma Lou or Helen Crump, period.

It's Ginger or Mary Ann, period.

It's Monica, Rachel, or Phoebe, period.

If you start bringing in outsiders, where does it stop? You can't compare Thelma Lou to Phoebe, or compare Ginger to Rachel. We live in a civilized society.

These are the rules. I don't make the rules, I don't necessarily like the rules, but without rules there's anarchy and we're all just Tennessee fans bringing full size mustard bottles to the game and nobody wants that.

Alex.

Last edited:

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
iu

Technical foul.

You're mixing shows. You can't do that (except for two narrow exceptions, Jeannie versus Samantha and Morticia versus Lily).

If you start bringing in outsiders, where does it stop? You can't compare Thelma Lou to Phoebe, of compare Ginger to Rachel. We live in a civilized society.

These are the rules. I don't make the rules, I don't necessarily like the rules, but without rules there's anarchy and we're all just Tennessee fans bringing full size mustard bottles to the game and nobody wants that.

Alex.
UnhappyBlackIbex-size_restricted.gif

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
iu

Technical foul.

If you start bringing in outsiders, where does it stop? You can't compare Thelma Lou to Phoebe, of compare Ginger to Rachel. We live in a civilized society.

Alex.

:bwahaha:

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
iu

Technical foul.

If you start bringing in outsiders, where does it stop? You can't compare Thelma Lou to Phoebe, or compare Ginger to Rachel. We live in a civilized society.

Alex.
What about Laura Petrie and Mary Richards?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator