Rivals 250 for 2018

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, the lack of FL mentioned on most of these guy's lists is eye popping. You'd think Mr. Relationship would have made more in-roads. It's time to change the broken record. Come on Mac...put up or get out time.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
UF targeting 3 more recruits from American Heritage HS:

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruits-5-star-cb-patrick-surtain-jr

Florida targeting 3 more recruits from American Heritage, including 5-star CB Patrick Surtain Jr.

5-star target
In the Class of 2017, UF signed a trio of players from American Heritage High School in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

Defensive tackle T.J. Slaton and cornerback Marco Wilson were 2 of Florida’s top signees, and linebacker James Houston enrolled early in January.

The Gators are targeting 3 more recruits from the South Florida powerhouse for their 2018 class: wide receiver Anthony Schwartz and cornerbacks Tyson Campbell and Patrick Surtain Jr.

Surtain, the nation’s No. 1 cornerback and No. 5 overall prospect, visited UF last month.

“It was great,” Surtain said of his trip. “I got to see the new facilitates and talk to Coach (Jim) McElwain and Coach (Randy) Shannon. I also linked up with James Houston and he showed me around.

“The Gators are pretty high on my list. That visit helped them a lot. Just meeting the coaches and hearing their plan for me, I could tell how much of a priority I am to them.”

In addition to Florida, Surtain said Alabama, Clemson, Florida State, LSU and Ohio State are the schools recruiting him the hardest. The 6-foot-2, 181-pound prospect plans to release a top 10 soon and make a decision during the middle of his senior season.

Wilson is trying to get Surtain to join him in Florida’s secondary.

“He wants me to come up there badly,” Surtain said. “We’re very close and we got a tight bond. We talk to each other every day. He always says that they’re DBU, but he tells me about their team chemistry. I could see that when I went there.”

Depth concerns
Surtain told SEC Country he’s not worried about Florida’s depth at cornerback. Campbell, however, has some concerns.

He admits that Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, LSU, Miami and Ohio State are the primary programs he’s considering.

“There’s some other schools that have a better shot than Florida,” Campbell said. “It’s not that I don’t like them, but they got six DB’s in the last class. But other than that, I love the coaches. If something catches my eye, who knows what can happen.”

The 6-foot-2, 182-pound prospect said he speaks with McElwain, Shannon and new secondary coach Corey Bell. Shannon is his primary recruiter.

“He’s great coach,” Campbell said of Shannon. “We talk from time to time. We don’t really talk about Florida. We talk about life and football. Sometimes I don’t really want to talk about recruiting, so that’s good.”

Campbell, the nation’s No. 9 cornerback and No. 56 overall prospect, wants to make his decision in December. He plans to check out Florida this summer, which will be a key trip for the Gators.

“I feel like once I visit, I’ll know for sure how it is and how I would fit into their defense,” Campbell said. “I’ve known Marco, T.J. and James Houston for a while. Those guys are always telling me to come to Florida. They say it’s a great campus with great fans and great coaches.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator