Rivals 250 for 2018

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I sure hope we do.....for several reasons:

1) We need to get back into Jacksonville. This staff needs to have a better presence in our recruiting hotbeds. I like we're getting some Miami/south Florida kids, but Jacksonville has been our bread and butter for years.

2) We need to start landing 5-star kids, no matter the position of where they're from.

3) We need a dominant Safety.

This staff better put the full court press on Johnson.

Reading through that article was disheartening. So many of those kids were already a commit to other schools, many out of state schools too. Lots of IMG kids that seem to avoid us like the plague. Our staff needs to target a QB and get on his ass now. This is inexcusable. The Sitkowski kid seems to be an afterthought now....so who are we going after at QB?

The hot QB that I'm hearing about now is Joe Milton.

You're 100% right about Jax. We just worked our way back in Tampa. Which is pretty ludicrous to even say.

Last elite Safety we got?

Elam.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
No idea. The Gators offered him even though he was not a highly sought after recruit. His senior year high school stats are pretty decent. It looks like a lot of schools initially offered and then backed off. He had offers from Clemson, Miami, Ohio State, Stanford, Tennessee, Texas and a boatload of others and ended up at Syracuse. It appears a lot of coaches decided he wasn't a viable choice.

2222, it looks like the rumor is true. We have cooled on AS. What's the word on the inside? Are we going to switch to Milton?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
2222, it looks like the rumor is true. We have cooled on AS. What's the word on the inside? Are we going to switch to Milton?

AS has a hell of a camp arm. But it would be nice to bring in a quarterback who has actually thrown well in games. I'm just saying.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
AS has a hell of a camp arm. But it would be nice to bring in a quarterback who has actually thrown well in games. I'm just saying.

I thought we would have gotten some 5 star stud by now with the QB whisperer here. Just another disappointment in a long line of them. Nuss will ultimately cost Mac his job.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I thought we would have gotten some 5 star stud by now with the QB whisperer here. Just another disappointment in a long line of them. Nuss will ultimately cost Mac his job.

It's basically Franks or bust right now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
@ZachAbolverdi: Florida’s QB board changing as 2 new options emerge http://sec.news/2lnTsLT
“I’d like to check out Florida. They’re a good school,” Fields said. “Coach Nuss is doing great things on offense. I saw them play against Tennessee (last) year. I like coach McElwain.

LOL. If that clusferfvkk didnt close the deal, what would?

Another standout on Sunday was Milton, a 3-star quarterback from Orlando, Fla.
A 6-5, 222-pound prospect, Milton heard from McElwain last week, and the Gators came by his school twice in January. Milton also learned he’s related to Florida running backs coach Ja’Juan Seider.

“He (texted) me a couple days after he got the Florida job and said, ‘Joe, I think we’re related.’ I was like, ‘How?’ Then my dad told me that’s our cousin,” said Milton, who is originally from Pahokee, Fla. “So that was surprising, but it’s a good thing. I see that he’s a great coach.”

I like this kid.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
A few more notable predictions on 247.

JJ Peterson, 6'2" 210 pound OLB, #2 at his position, #50 overall from Moultrie, GA is 100% to UF.

Nicholas Petit-Frere, 6'6" 260 pound OT from Tampa, #5 at his position, #54 overall is 100% to UF.

Dylan Wonnam, 6'5" 279 pound OG from Tucker, GA, #5 at his position, #125 overall, is 100% to UF.

Artur Sitkowski, 6'4" 220 pound pro-style QB from Old Bridge, NJ, #4 at his position, #75 overall is 54% to UF.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
From the SEC Country story:

Justin Fields and Joe Milton don’t hold offers from Florida now, but that could change soon. Fields, a 4-star prospect from Kennesaw, Ga., was named the camp’s QB MVP and earned an invitation to the Elite 11.

“It feels great,” Fields said. “It really shows how much hard work pays off. Of course, you have to come in with confidence, but I’m (not) going to lie, at first I was kind of nervous. Then I started having fun and getting into my groove.”

At 6-foot-3, 221 pounds, Fields ran the 40-yard dash in 4.51 seconds on Sunday. He is the nation’s No. 3 dual-threat quarterback and No. 33 overall recruit.

Fields is a Penn State pledge and said he’s “100 percent committed” now. However, Gators coach Jim McElwain and offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier have heavy interest in Fields, and there’s mutual interest from him.

“I’d like to check out Florida. They’re a good school,” Fields said. “Coach Nuss is doing great things on offense. I saw them play against Tennessee (last) year. I like coach McElwain.

“He just got there, and they were the first coaching staff to make it to the SEC championship in their first two years, so I’m looking for big things in the future from them.”

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida offers Justin Fields:

http://florida.247sports.com/Article/Florida-Gators-offer-Top247-QB-Justin-Fields-51405524

Florida extended an offer to Penn State four-star quarterback commit Justin Fields on Tuesday. The Kennesaw (Ga.) Harrison star is fresh off an Elite 11 MVP performance at the Orlando regional this past weekend.

The 6-foot-3, 220-pound Fields told 247Sports that the Gators had been in contact with him for the past month as they continued to evaluate him as a player. Fields committed to the Nittany Lions back in December, but Alabama, Oregon, and Texas have extended offers since making that pledge.

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Fields as the nation's No. 33 overall prospect and the No. 3 dual-threat quarterback in the 2018 class.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
A few players we've recently offered, all WR's:

Corey Gammage, WR (not yet rated) from Delray Atlantic HS, 6'3" 180 - had 64 receptions for 1,065 yards and 12 touchdowns as a junior.

Josh Vann, WR 4-star from Tucker, GA, 5'11 180lbs - has early tenders from Alabama, Georgia, Michigan and others, rated the #217th overall player.

Terrace Marshall Jr, WR 5-star from Bossier City, LA, 6'4 190 - crystal ball says 75% LSU.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
10 of the top 12 QBs are already committed elsewhere. This is freaking Mac's third damn year. He should've had a stud committed this cycle. I think Nuss is an issue. He flat out blows.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
10 of the top 12 QBs are already committed elsewhere. This is freaking Mac's third damn year. He should've had a stud committed this cycle. I think Nuss is an issue. He flat out blows.
2 star QB Whisperer dont need no stinking QB talent.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
If we get Milton, none of this will matter. Also, Franks was our stud in Mac's second year. Whether he pans out or not is another story.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If we get Milton, none of this will matter. Also, Franks was our stud in Mac's second year. Whether he pans out or not is another story.

Yeah...I had to look it up. Franks was the 57th rated kid coming out on Rivals. We need him to emerge and play well.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is awsome news. It looks like the qb committed penn state is our top target

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator