Recruiting Rivals releases new list of 5*

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
UF in the hunt or outright favorites for many.

https://n.rivals.com/news/rivals100-new-five-stars-same-no-1-3

Particular to this article:

Trevon Grimes WR
Donovan Peoples-Jones WR
Jarez Parks - Weakside DE

The rest of the 5* that we're either in the hunt for or outright favorites:

Shaun Wade - CB - OSU commit but Torrian Gray has been all over him.

James Robinson - WR

Calvin Ashley - OL - Barn commit likely to eventually flip between either UF or FSux

Moses Dylan - LB - Heavy Bama lean though

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals100/2017

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We were in the hunt for many of the 5* guys this past year as well but unfortunately they don't sign for another year so.......

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dylan will have to beat out the top two LBs in the class of 2016 - Davis / Wilson
Adonis Thomas from the class of 2015
Christian Miller from the class of 2014

Moses has been a monster since the 8th grade. I hope he comes here. But I think it's gonna be really hard to pull him from Bama. I would really be surprised if he went anywhere else.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We were in the hunt for many of the 5* guys this past year as well but unfortunately they don't sign for another year so.......

We were later in the year. We played catch up all year. At least we're in front this year. It's hard to play catch-up with these high rated guys. Even in our transition year we were able to hold on to the five stars who we were out in front for the entire year. Better to be in front than trying to catch up at the end of the year.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
At some point soon, kids will have to start to worry about Saban retiring from Bama. Also, Pruitt has a pretty poor reputation, which could affect some recruiting.
UF in the hunt or outright favorites for many.

https://n.rivals.com/news/rivals100-new-five-stars-same-no-1-3

Particular to this article:

Trevon Grimes WR
Donovan Peoples-Jones WR
Jarez Parks - Weakside DE

The rest of the 5* that we're either in the hunt for or outright favorites:

Shaun Wade - CB - OSU commit but Torrian Gray has been all over him.

James Robinson - WR

Calvin Ashley - OL - Barn commit likely to eventually flip between either UF or FSux

Moses Dylan - LB - Heavy Bama lean though

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals100/2017
The biggest issue for us this year is to improve on our first half's offense. If JDR or Appleby can move the offense a little better than Grier, I think we can have a pretty good class. No, I don't think it's as hard as it sounds. Grier had great upside, but was inconsistent. A top 50 offense should get it done. If we produce a top 50 offense......

Trevon Grimes will be in play. Right now it seems we are a distant second, but I think we are gaining ground daily due to his visit to UF and Jake Allen recruiting him. Since he has a reference point now, Allen's recruiting will have more impact. Short of top 50, I think we can forget about him. Otherwise, it will be a battle.

Peoples-Jones is someone I've heard little about, other than we're in good shape.

Parks is a guy that really likes UF. Given our success on the DL and having Rumph, I think he may be our best shot at a 5* right now.

Wade is committed to OSU, and will likely be a tough pull. Adding Gray should help a lot. I don't know if he is close to Washington or Harkless, but Washington was a good recruiting for his class.

Robinson is going to be one to watch. Gray's hire and a top 50 offense will probably get him on board.

Ashley is the least of my concern. A 5* OL is about the least impressive kind of 5* there is. I'd trade him for any on the list.

Dylan I've heard nothing about. The depth chart at Bama is probably not enough to scare him off. If we are to have a chance, we'll need some issues to surface at Bama. He is from Baton Rouge originally, so LSU is the elephant in the room not Bama.

Nate McBride is another 5* LB, but he plays MLB and from Vadalia, GA. Not sure how much he likes UF, but his recruitment seems pretty open.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
At some point soon, kids will have to start to worry about Saban retiring from Bama. Also, Pruitt has a pretty poor reputation, which could affect some recruiting.

The biggest issue for us this year is to improve on our first half's offense. If JDR or Appleby can move the offense a little better than Grier, I think we can have a pretty good class. No, I don't think it's as hard as it sounds. Grier had great upside, but was inconsistent. A top 50 offense should get it done. If we produce a top 50 offense......

Trevon Grimes will be in play. Right now it seems we are a distant second, but I think we are gaining ground daily due to his visit to UF and Jake Allen recruiting him. Since he has a reference point now, Allen's recruiting will have more impact. Short of top 50, I think we can forget about him. Otherwise, it will be a battle.

Peoples-Jones is someone I've heard little about, other than we're in good shape.

Parks is a guy that really likes UF. Given our success on the DL and having Rumph, I think he may be our best shot at a 5* right now.

Wade is committed to OSU, and will likely be a tough pull. Adding Gray should help a lot. I don't know if he is close to Washington or Harkless, but Washington was a good recruiting for his class.

Robinson is going to be one to watch. Gray's hire and a top 50 offense will probably get him on board.

Ashley is the least of my concern. A 5* OL is about the least impressive kind of 5* there is. I'd trade him for any on the list.

Dylan I've heard nothing about. The depth chart at Bama is probably not enough to scare him off. If we are to have a chance, we'll need some issues to surface at Bama. He is from Baton Rouge originally, so LSU is the elephant in the room not Bama.

Nate McBride is another 5* LB, but he plays MLB and from Vadalia, GA. Not sure how much he likes UF, but his recruitment seems pretty open.

I think road grader, 5* OL do well. Guys with solids height and weight that are agile. Ivey and Tunsil comes to mind. Five stars with weight issues do not do so well. See Humphries and Patchen.

Wade is solid with Ohio State right now. But we are putting on the full-court press. Here is some stuff on Wade's recruitment:

https://n.rivals.com/news/recruiting-predictions-for-2017-sec

http://florida.247sports.com/Articl...903?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Florida product and top athlete, Bruce Judson was committed to Ohio State for a long time. He decommitted toward the end of last year. He is now a heavy lean to UF.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think road grader, 5* OL do well. Guys with solids height and weight that are agile. Ivey and Tunsil comes to mind. Five stars with weight issues do not do so well. See Humphries and Patchen.

Wade is solid with Ohio State right now. But we are putting on the full-court press. Here is some stuff on Wade's recruitment:

https://n.rivals.com/news/recruiting-predictions-for-2017-sec

http://florida.247sports.com/Articl...903?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Florida product and top athlete, Bruce Judson was committed to Ohio State for a long time. He decommitted toward the end of last year. He is now a heavy lean to UF.

Nothing against Ashley, but out of that list, his 5* designation means the least.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Moses has been a monster since the 8th grade. I hope he comes here. But I think it's gonna be really hard to pull him from Bama. I would really be surprised if he went anywhere else.
My goodness. How much money does he have to pay back?

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
We are absolutely desperate for linebackers. Shannon should be living in some of these kids' houses.

Maybe he can borrow Harbaughs sleeping bag and tent.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
In the hunt. Like I'm in the hunt for a Victoria Secret's model. I'll believe it when I see their panties. Metaphorically speaking. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator