Founding Member
Also known as a full list of players who won't be attending UF. :dance:

e75.jpg

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Still have to recruit top talent regardless of position needs.

Isn't this what got us in trouble under Muschamp?
We recruited all the top talent on D and filled the O with whatever was leftover after everyone had their picks.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ideally you recruit a well balanced class but you will always have those plus 1 types of players that you find a spot for regardless. You don't turn down 5 star talent.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Check out North Carolina/Miami/Baylor. I know everyone will say "it's early" but does anyone see us on that list? Yeah...me neither! Screenshot_2016-02-29-13-30-43.png

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
The kid with the dreads (Cyrus Fagan)visited us last week and then went to FSU on Jr day and committed while there.
Figures.

You know who else was at FSU's Jr day? Adam Boselli. He's a 6'4" 210 lb. TE and son of Tony Boselli. (That we haven't offered) Tony says he should be closer to 230 lbs. this season.

Tony's other son Andrew (6'5" 295# OL) just enrolled at FSU (since we didn't even offer him either) and according to Tony this morning is working out with the starting rotation.

I guess our coaching staff is too busy to drive an hour and a half up the road and take a look at an NFL Pro bowlers kids

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How do we ignore Boselli's kids? Just a short drive for the family, plus a better
degree.??

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Glad to see we're off to a great start with this class. Ole hee haw is just killing it!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Glad to see we're off to a great start with this class. Ole hee haw is just killing it!

No, he just needs to have another 5 years to prove he can coach offense and then he'll start dominating the recruiting rankings! Or he's trying to have another "best group of 3-stars anyone could ask for" type of class.

Seriously, I hope they pick up some steam as the spring and summer move along. If we don't land a few top 300 players before the fall begins that will be pretty telling. I guess I could go read Gatorcountry.com where everything is all orange & blue all the time and have them tell me I'm just being paranoid!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
No, he just needs to have another 5 years to prove he can coach offense and then he'll start dominating the recruiting rankings! Or he's trying to have another "best group of 3-stars anyone could ask for" type of class.

Seriously, I hope they pick up some steam as the spring and summer move along. If we don't land a few top 300 players before the fall begins that will be pretty telling. I guess I could go read Gatorcountry.com where everything is all orange & blue all the time and have them tell me I'm just being paranoid!
It is what it is. It's pretty obvious mac is not a good recruiter. I understand the program is down but for some of these schools to be passing us is pretty telling. Muschamp recruited better after going 4-8. I don't understand why this cycle is going to be any different.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It is what it is. It's pretty obvious mac is not a good recruiter. I understand the program is down but for some of these schools to be passing us is pretty telling. Muschamp recruited better after going 4-8. I don't understand why this cycle is going to be any different.
Muschamp didn't recruit better...he may have had some decent ranked classes but his lack of recruiting balanced classes and his hatred for offense is why we are in the situation we are in. He neglected 1 side of the ball for far too long and we're still paying for it...but we've recruitied some far more balanced classes the last 2 years and now we need to produce on the field or our recruiting will really take a ****

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I think he's a damn good recruiter. I just think we were cheap and got a shyt ton of assistants that can't recruit. We moved in the right direction by canning Callahan and bringing in Gray.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think he's a damn good recruiter. I just think we were cheap and got a shyt ton of assistants that can't recruit. We moved in the right direction by canning Callahan and bringing in Gray.

One assistant isn't going to cure our recruiting woes. Mac is in charge of putting his staff together. Sure Foley has him on a budget but we don't have to get coaches from Florida international. I don't think a damn good recruiter would have struck out like we did this year. My hope is he learned from it. But unless there isn't anymore staff shake ups, we're gonna continue to get out recruited by our rivals.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One assistant isn't going to cure our recruiting woes. Mac is in charge of putting his staff together. Sure Foley has him on a budget but we don't have to get coaches from Florida international. I don't think a damn good recruiter would have struck out like we did this year. My hope is he learned from it. But unless there isn't anymore staff shake ups, we're gonna continue to get out recruited by our rivals.

Sure. The staff needs to be much better. No doubt. You can have all the QCs in the world evaluating talent - but if you're not closing on it, it's irrelevant.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am not sure you can "legitimately" recruit top five classes any more.
We should do what our rivals do or accept our fate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.