Rod Johnson cleared?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I saw these a couple weeks ago and was wondering, but it doesn't look like he will be back for us.

1. Rod Johnson #⃣5⃣
    5⃣ ‏@Almighty_rod55
    May 26 Boynton Beach, FL
    I get cleared I can play anywhere I want
    1f61c.png

Rod Johnson
    #⃣5⃣
    5⃣ ‏@Almighty_rod55
    May 26 Boynton Beach, FL
    UF y'all so set with OL I'm ok

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Was he still in school at UF in the Spring? If not, then yeah, he probably won't be suiting up for us in the future. If so, who knows?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Even when diagnosed I had the impmression he would seek out endless doctors until he found one that cleared him. I appreciate what he did for us, but don't believe it's safe for him to play. I'll wish him luck, but more importantly good health and nothing happens. I don't believe he'd be back to UF, as others have noted we don't want the risk.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It would be awesome to see him back at right tackle. Assuming he's still been hitting the weight room and hasn't gotten all soft and fat...

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wow!!! RoJo back at right or left tackle would be YUGE! That being said, wasnt he some sort of staff last year? Hope he wasnt paid.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Wow!!! RoJo back at right or left tackle would be YUGE! That being said, wasnt he some sort of staff last year? Hope he wasnt paid.
He was probably just on scholarship. Don't think there should be a problem there

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I thought he was an asst strength coach? Also if he were just on a scholly and we gave out enough to walkons, we may have (unbelievably) been over 85. There is no injured reserve in ncaa.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I thought he was an asst strength coach? Also if he were just on a scholly and we gave out enough to walkons, we may have (unbelievably) been over 85. There is no injured reserve in ncaa.

Maybe they gave him a medical hardship scholly? If so, I wonder if that can be undone if a player were to ever be cleared...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ive never heard of it. The problem from the ncaa perspective is that if he is allowed to return, Trailerbammer will try to "redshirt" thirty kids that way next year. The NCAA may say we paid him, so he is ineligible here, much like Cam Newton was ineligible to play at Cowbell bc Cowbell alums tried to pay him and certain recruits could come her c of various minor recruiting violations such ad Aubrey Hill's illegal contact in Miami.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe they gave him a medical hardship scholly? If so, I wonder if that can be undone if a player were to ever be cleared...

Believe he has to walk on if that is the situation.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Not sure honestly if I would want him back; just imaging him taking a hit the wrong way and actually ending his career or even worse; his life.

Love the kid and think highly of him but I'm not sure that's a risk I'd want to take if I am the administration or Mac

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NCAA Bylaw 15.5.1.3.2 – Change in Circumstances.

If circumstances change and the student-athlete subsequently practices or competes at the institution at which the incapacitating injury or illness occurred, the student-athlete again shall become a counter, and the institution shall be required to count that financial aid under the limitations of this bylaw in the sport in question during each academic year in which the financial aid was received.

NCAA Bylaw 15.5.1.3.3 – Waiver (for Change in Circumstances).

The Management Council, by a two-thirds majority of its members present and voting, may waive the requirements of Bylaw 15.5.1.3.2 upon determination that sufficient documentation is available from competent medical authorities to indicate that the original injury or illness clearly appeared to be incapacitating and that there was no reasonable expectation that the student-athlete ever again would be able to participate

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NCAA Bylaw 15.5.1.3.2 – Change in Circumstances.

The Management Council, by a two-thirds majority of its members present and voting, may waive the requirements of Bylaw 15.5.1.3.2 upon determination that sufficient documentation is available from competent medical authorities to indicate that the original injury or illness clearly appeared to be incapacitating and that there was no reasonable expectation that the student-athlete ever again would be able to participate

Yeah....that or look at our dumpster fire of an offensive line last year and they could surmise beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if it was believed he could possibly of returned, we would've duct taped him back together and rolled him out to the line of scrimmage with a hand truck.

See Trip Thurman for exhibit "A".

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I hope Rod is able to come back because if we don't find someone who can play RT before the season starts our QB's are in trouble. Big Fred looked to be "swimming" mentally in the spring game!

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
The manner in which young, soon to be adults speak and write these days makes me realize why our country is rotting from within...
The problem is that most Ebonic speakers can only speak Ebonics. If they could speak English as well, it wouldn't be so bad. I've met Ebonic speakers that spoke the Queen's English well when desired. But they are the minority.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I hope Rod is able to come back because if we don't find someone who can play RT before the season starts our QB's are in trouble. Big Fred looked to be "swimming" mentally in the spring game!
I heard the NCAA is going to give Tyler Moore another year of eligibility. "We're making a new rule called The Tyler Moore Exception, giving graduate students who have no chance of playing for the NFL one 'moore' year."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.