Saban takes another elite S. Fla receiver

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jerry Jeudy commits to Bama tonight over UF.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
When's the last time we beat Bama out for a recruit? And I'm not talking about a last second push like perine last year. It's just where they are. Bama gets who ever they want.

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
We just need to win, and we can start getting who we want again. People like to say we "won 10 games last year". Yeah that is true. But if you look at the 3 teams that kicked our ass last year. It's no coincidence they are beating us in recruiting. We need to beat FSU this year, and beat Bama in ATL. If that happens the top kids will come in droves.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
In my eyes, when we're competing against Bama and the likes who have had our number recently for top recruits they have bragging rights and probably tell these recruits "look we're beating Florida on the field, they're down and still rebuilding while you can come here and win big immediately i.e national championship contenders year in and year out." Maybe they can marginally argue they send guys to the pros more than UF right now, but I don't see that as much as a selling point because UF still sends its fair share. Of course, some underhand incentives probably go on as well

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
In my eyes, when we're competing against Bama and the likes who have had our number recently for top recruits they have bragging rights and probably tell these recruits "look we're beating Florida on the field, they're down and still rebuilding while you can come here and win big immediately i.e national championship contenders year in and year out." Maybe they can marginally argue they send guys to the pros more than UF right now, but I don't see that as much as a selling point because UF still sends its fair share. Of course, some underhand incentives probably go on as well

Nice avatar. Pretty sure that's Brad Culpepper in 1991's home opener against San Jose State.

Alex.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
On recruiting: "In 12 years at Florida, I don't think we ever signed a kid from the state of Alabama ... Of course, we found out later that the scholarships they were giving out at Alabama were worth a whole lot more than ours."

Steve Spurrier.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I guess Mac didn't learn that part while at Bama.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I guess Mac didn't learn that part while at Bama.
I'm sure he learned it quite well. I'm also certain when he was offered the job here, he was told under no uncertain terms that "we don't do things that way here".

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Yup...everybody cheats but us. That's why all the kids go elsewhere. Rationalize much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator