Saban takes another elite S. Fla receiver

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
You must work for the NCAA if you can't see what's going on.

UGA and FSU too. Michigan is giving away cash too. OSU? Millions in cash giveaways. It's just an excuse to explain away why Mac isn't a better recruiter. Try harder.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
UGA and FSU too. Michigan is giving away cash too. OSU? Millions in cash giveaways. It's just an excuse to explain away why Mac isn't a better recruiter. Try harder.

You're beating your head against the wall. These people think we're the only program that doesn't cheat....

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
You're beating your head against the wall. These people think we're the only program that doesn't cheat....

So an honest question here (pardon the pun) but how do we know we actually cheat to get recruits?
I'm not saying we do or don't - I'm saying the burden of proof is on those who say we do cheat because I haven't seen any evidence that suggests we do.

Please elaborate as to the ways UF cheats to get recruits and I'll be a believer.
Saying "everyone does it" doesn't convince me. I may be naive but I'll give us the benefit of the doubt unless it's proven that we do.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Hell, even Vanderbilt cheats. But they suck at cheating too.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So an honest question here (pardon the pun) but how do we know we actually cheat to get recruits?
I'm not saying we do or don't - I'm saying the burden of proof is on those who say we do cheat because I haven't seen any evidence that suggests we do.

Please elaborate as to the ways UF cheats to get recruits and I'll be a believer.
Saying "everyone does it" doesn't convince me. I may be naive but I'll give us the benefit of the doubt unless it's proven that we do.

Well Joker Phillips got busted for it.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Please elaborate as to the ways UF cheats to get recruits and I'll be a believer..

I happen to know that the UF "bagmen" each year offer recruits low-interest loans of guaranteed money from
Alabama's freshman class players

… that reminds me, when I was young, I wanted to be a "player" with the ladies, but they wouldn't even
let me take the tarp off the infield..

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I happen to know that the UF "bagmen" each year offer recruits low-interest loans of guaranteed money from
Alabama's freshman class players

… that reminds me, when I was young, I wanted to be a "player" with the ladies, but they wouldn't even
let me take the tarp off the infield..

:britney:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
True... having a dinner conversation with a potential recruit during a quiet period if I remember correctly?

There's one example... (thanks)

I didn't say it was a good one.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
When's the last time we beat Bama out for a recruit? And I'm not talking about a last second push like perine last year. It's just where they are. Bama gets who ever they want.

dee-liner-money-instagram.jpg

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2...ner-flashes-a-lot-of-cash-on-instagram-photo/

"Incoming Alabama freshman defensive end Dee Liner wants you to know he’s made it. The struggle’s over. Liner who still struggles with common sense, took to his Instagram to let people know he’s not hurting for money anymore.

Liner chose the Crimson Tide after changing his mind about his commitment to Auburn in January.

In the picture courtesy of The Sporting News, Liner and two of his friends who probably have the least amount of common sense also, posed for pictures flashing a ton of cash.

Liner removed the photo, but posted this message about his financial status.

I’m doin better than I EVER did! Now I can give big bills to my relatives!"

— Dee Liner
2708.png
(@Liner_25) July 27, 2013

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
On recruiting: "In 12 years at Florida, I don't think we ever signed a kid from the state of Alabama ... Of course, we found out later that the scholarships they were giving out at Alabama were worth a whole lot more than ours."

Steve Spurrier.
I'm looking so forward to more of these gems from Coach in the near future!

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
dee-liner-money-instagram.jpg

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2...ner-flashes-a-lot-of-cash-on-instagram-photo/

"Incoming Alabama freshman defensive end Dee Liner wants you to know he’s made it. The struggle’s over. Liner who still struggles with common sense, took to his Instagram to let people know he’s not hurting for money anymore.

Liner chose the Crimson Tide after changing his mind about his commitment to Auburn in January.

In the picture courtesy of The Sporting News, Liner and two of his friends who probably have the least amount of common sense also, posed for pictures flashing a ton of cash.

Liner removed the photo, but posted this message about his financial status.

I’m doin better than I EVER did! Now I can give big bills to my relatives!"

— Dee Liner
2708.png
(@Liner_25) July 27, 2013
Wonder if there's a "crackersportsonline.com"......

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure people from Alabama (both Bammers and Barners) know they pay their players. In fact, I remember seeing shirts that say "We may pay our players but at least we don't rape our women" up there.

Last edited:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure people from Alabama (Bammers and Barners) know they pay their players.
Their fans know and don't care. I was watching the UF - bama game last year with a few of them and the conversation was brought up. One guy looked at me, smiled, shrugged his shoulders and said, "hey, do what you gotta do." The rest agreed and let out a big "ROLL TIDE!" as a well paid Derrick Henry steamrolled another one of our guys for a big first down run.

They know it and almost oddly proud of it. They believe Saban is bullet proof and along as he's there they're invincible.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Their fans know and don't care. I was watching the UF - bama game last year with a few of them and the conversation was brought up. One guy looked at me, smiled, shrugged his shoulders and said, "hey, do what you gotta do." The rest agreed and let out a big "ROLL TIDE!" as a well paid Derrick Henry steamrolled another one of our guys for a big first down run.

They know it and almost oddly proud of it. They believe Saban is bullet proof and along as he's there they're invincible.

And they're right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.