Saban takes another elite S. Fla receiver

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Donell Harvey was given a Lincoln Navigator

And there's example number 2 - this would have been around '99 - 2000 or so.

With Joker and Donnell gone ... I guess we used to cheat?

And if we do still cheat... you'd think we'd be bringing in a lot of 5 stars.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And there's example number 2 - this would have been around '99 - 2000 or so.

With Joker and Donnell gone ... I guess we used to cheat?

And if we do still cheat... you'd think we'd be bringing in a lot of 5 stars.
There was a poll about basketball coaches who cheated. Cal was first, Billy wasn't mentioned. But when they asked about "questionable" practices and the "gray" area, Cal was #1 and Billy was #2. They pointed to Billy's use of overpaying AAU coaches to speak and work at his camps. Of course the coach could then afford to bring his team with him. Not illegal, but very easy to cross a line if not following rules by the letter.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
From whom?
Not sure. Went to HS with one of the girls bball players at the time. She just said that he had a Navigator delivered to his home in GA as part of his recruitment. She also said that there were rumors about Miller's Expedition, but she never heard anything definitive. Apparently, Harvey bragged about it to girls. Never saw him drive it on campus, but I saw Miller driving his.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
In his fist few years at UF, Billy was labeled as a cheater by some of the old guard because of his recruiting prowess. I think Roy Williams made some accusations.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
In his fist few years at UF, Billy was labeled as a cheater by some of the old guard because of his recruiting prowess. I think Roy Williams made some accusations.

That he was pushing the envelope. The car thing strikes me as odd. Who the hell was behind that?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
…. and somewhere a forklift lifts a pallet of forks.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That he was pushing the envelope. The car thing strikes me as odd. Who the hell was behind that?
Who knows. I'm confident that Billy pushed the envelope as hard as he could, but I never got the impression he would outright break the rules. But I also don't get the impression that he was overly concerned about policing boosters either.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Billy came from Kintucky and Marshall, remember. Both have reputations for cheating as much as possible.

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure. Went to HS with one of the girls bball players at the time. She just said that he had a Navigator delivered to his home in GA as part of his recruitment. She also said that there were rumors about Miller's Expedition, but she never heard anything definitive. Apparently, Harvey bragged about it to girls. Never saw him drive it on campus, but I saw Miller driving his.

Miller's parents were quite wealthy. I'm guessing his Expedition was bought by his parents.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Billy came from Kintucky and Marshall, remember. Both have reputations for cheating as much as possible.

Great point....and where did our last two football hires come from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator