Safety Rotation

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Thanx but don;t need any numbers. Me, You, Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder can clearly see that Stiner and Taylor blow chunks.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You gotta give Itraz credit, he's been telling us this since last season.

I give itraz credit often because he brings a unique analysis of things and know his stuff.

But I think the safety rotation has been met with pretty universal criticism. I'm not sure Andrea Bocelli wouldn't be screaming at the tv on half of our plays.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I give itraz credit often because he brings a unique analysis of things and know his stuff.

But I think the safety rotation has been met with pretty universal criticism. I'm not sure Andrea Bocelli wouldn't be screaming at the tv on half of our plays.
If by "unique" you mean copy pasta'd from wikipedia then yeah.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Coaching change.....not that this has been suggested before..

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Goldkamp posted this on the 247 site (would love to hear @ltraz inputs on this):

I asked Todd Grantham about the safety rotation

Specifically I asked him whether each duo brings something a little different to the table in terms of skill set. Here was his answer:

"Nah, it's just a matter of, they all played in the 35-45 play range. We just felt like with the guys that we have, they all have talent, they all have ability. It's better to play all four of those guys say in the 40s as opposed to a couple guys 75 or 80. I mean trying to keep guys fresh. So really it's just a matter of trying to keep guys fresh and into what we're doing. We have the luxury with having four guys that we can do that."

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
Goldkamp posted this on the 247 site (would love to hear @ltraz inputs on this):

Specifically I asked him whether each duo brings something a little different to the table in terms of skill set. Here was his answer:

"Nah, it's just a matter of, they all played in the 35-45 play range. We just felt like with the guys that we have, they all have talent, they all have ability. It's better to play all four of those guys say in the 40s as opposed to a couple guys 75 or 80. I mean trying to keep guys fresh. So really it's just a matter of trying to keep guys fresh and into what we're doing. We have the luxury with having four guys that we can do that."
He only said they have four guys to rotate... Didn't say they could play effectively...

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have no clue why sorry Ron and goofy Greg are still on this staff. They are both worthless . Ron hasn’t signed squat at safety .Greg’s sorry ass lost Sanders and now Bowman , and is also doing a ****ty job On special teams .

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Thanx but don;t need any numbers. Me, You, Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder can clearly see that Stiner and Taylor blow chunks.
I don’t disagree, but I will say Stiner does have an amazing ability to occasionally make a big play (kind of a blind squirrel thing); Taylor on the other hand....

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

Somebody needs to email Grantham that article. But isn't that the sort of thing that the off field support staff should be analyzing? Like what does that HS basketball coach we got from FSU do?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t disagree, but I will say Stiner does have an amazing ability to occasionally make a big play (kind of a blind squirrel thing); Taylor on the other hand....
Lol.... occasionally they draw up a delayed safety blitz in a #1 rush and he comes free?

Yeah, amazing stuff.

The truth is he should just blitz every play because he is useless in either run support or pass coverage.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
We have the luxury with having four guys that we can do that."

Sure thing Grantham. And Franks was better than Trask. He is watching something different than the rest of us. And Shawn Davis should never, ever come off the field for Taylor, Stiner or whatever other sunbelt caliber guy they have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.