scary times

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
On a serious note, that’s tough news @stephenPE. My wife lost her brother unexpectedly back in 2020, and that was as close as I’ve come to a loss like that. It was difficult to watch her experience that. Hope all goes well for you.

Also, lose the 87 year old already. My goodness you sometimes are a whack job.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
It's tough at our age, I went to two funerals this week. Hope your ride a smooth one.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
On a serious note, that’s tough news @stephenPE. My wife lost her brother unexpectedly back in 2020, and that was as close as I’ve come to a loss like that. It was difficult to watch her experience that. Hope all goes well for you.

Also, lose the 87 year old already. My goodness you sometimes are a whack job.
Perhaps the 87 year old needs Coach to be the friend he out lives.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Actually the 87 or 85 yr old is from a famous family here with lots of land and history. He is in great shape and worked as hard as any of us moving shttt around. He likes to talk and I like to listen to his old stories. He probably knows Doug's grandparents and parents by name as they all have lots of land near each other. The funny thing was he and I along with the mayor and good old boy that retired as a prison warden got into a discussion about sex. They were teasing him about wearing gloves. And the funny thing is they are hard core Baptists. It was cracking me up. They have probably all known each other their whole lives. Im just the FNG. So I listen.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I have no great words of wisdom to share although I do agree with many comments already shared.

Life is like eating a box of chocolates.............

One observation I will share, nothing is less fulfilling than standing next to a fresh grave, mumbling through salty tears, how much you loved the departed and wished you would have told them in life.

Last edited:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I read a guy named Sean Dietrich each day. Southern boy from Nw fla. This was his short today. He does one everyday and it ends up in my email. I pretty much agree these people know the answer. Treat people well. Give as much as you can give it will be returned in lots of different ways. I have told most of my close friends exactly how I feel. At different times over the last few years. Its weird. When I was younger my goal was to live long enough for my two oldest kids to be able to move on without me. They are now there in their 30s. So my dumazzz goes and has two more (15 and 18) and its a tougher world. Im not afraid of death, at least I think that. But Im afraid of losing my close friends. Or chcking out before my two teens are ready to take on the world.

Food truck chilaquiles in a STYROFOAM box???

Do they HATE the planet? Do they want us all to DIE?

You think this is funny Coach? Destroying the environment? Killing innocent animals, polluting our waters, causing blizzards, hurricanes, droughts, volcanos, and earthquakes? All of which disproportionately effect marginalized communities and people of color.

Blocked, reported, and cancelled. Everybody in the story.

Tow the roach coach.
Deport the cook.
Jail the wife.
Fire the cop.
Put the disabled kid in foster care.

Dox errybody. Harass their teachers, employers, family, neighbors. We’re offended. We’re not safe.

Styrofoam? In 2022? Unbelievable. I bet there were PLASTIC STRAWS too!

Was there even proper recognition that the food truck was on land stolen from Native American tribes who occupied it from time immemorial?

Wait!

Were there parts of a dead animal in that styrofoam box??? Not eco-friendly trans-meat or insect protein? Actual dead animals?

I think I’m gonna be sick.

Alex.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

You think this is funny Coach? Destroying the environment? Killing innocent animals, polluting our waters, causing blizzards, hurricanes, droughts, volcanos, and earthquakes? All of which disproportionately effect marginalized communities and people of color.

Tow the roach coach.
Deport the cook.
Jail the wife.
Fire the cop.

Dox errybody. Harass their teachers, employers, family, neighbors. We’re offended. We’re not safe.

Was there even proper recognition that the food truck was on land stolen from Native American tribes who occupied it from time immemorial?

Wait!

Were there parts of a dead animal in that styrofoam box??? Not eco-friendly trans-meat or insect protein? Actual dead animals?

Alex.
I can’t even…

Now you've written an angry activist template rant. They just need to fill in the name and restaurant.

Last edited:

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Tow the roach coach.
Deport the cook.
Jail the wife.
Fire the cop.

Wait!

Alex.
Lot of work went into this........

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I am a project for ADG. I embrace it. The day we meet will be a highlight in my life.

I know I can't fix you Coach, but I try to make you think sometimes and laugh sometimes. Like a friend.

C'mon, admit it, my post was pretty funny.

Alex.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I know I can't fix you Coach, but I try to make you think sometimes and laugh sometimes. Like a friend.

C'mon, admit it, my post was pretty funny.
Jack Nicholson Lol GIF
and it was......

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
We got a guy at our church who is 82 or 83, lives in the country, keeps up with his land and rides a Harley.

Youth is wasted on the young. And like some on here, you can't tell them anything.

And Coach...This ain't it. This is just practice. The fun stuff comes later.

Comedy Central Yes GIF by Drunk History

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Stephen - are you married? If not, you need to find yourself a wealthy, slightly younger sugar momma. Sorry to hear about your close network though, losing friends and/or family is never fun/easy.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Stephen - are you married? If not, you need to find yourself a wealthy, slightly younger sugar momma. Sorry to hear about your close network though, losing friends and/or family is never fun/easy.
actually marriage is my forte. Did the younger (much younger) but poor for 17 yrs. Now Im trying again. But update. My brother is feeling better but my good friend is waiting on results from his melanoma and lymph node removal to chck and see if the cancer has migrated. He says he is dead if it has.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
On 11/10/22 I have to go in for a procedure to do a biopsy on my prostate.

Getting old ain't for sissies.

Biopsy successfully done to collect the sample.

My Urologist said he did not see anything obvious that was indicative of cancer. Lab results on 12/5/22.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator