Scot Brantley has Alzheimers

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
One of the sickest hits on a qb you will see. I was in the stands that day at the sombrero, about 80 rows up on that side of the field on the 20 yard line on the other end of the field, you could hear it.

“...and a good clean hit by Brantley”
Probably similar to getting hit by a car.

No wonder he’s in bad shape

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That really sucks for him and his family. Terrible disease. I was there the night he was injured in '79 and one of my all time favorite Gators. I hope he is able to remain as long as he can with the Gator Radio Network.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
He was the gators version of Butkus. No surprise about his problems now. The NFL denying a claim is pure bllsht.
I never saw anyone hit as ferocious as him cept maybe Jarvis Williams and his running mate in the Def backfield at Fla.
Real man football back then. And then they cash the check they wrote as young men...................

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
While on the subject, this Wilber Marshall hit on Lions QB Joe Ferguson within a month of Brantley separating Hipple's head from his body.

Lions quarterbacks obviously cared little for UF linebackers back then.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
So Sorry to hear this news.

Alheimer's Disease is linked to football? I didn't know that......The terrible condition is rampant among women in my family, none of which have ever played a down.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.