Scrimmage notes

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Rumors...out of camp is RB Mark Thompson is still putting the ball on the ground and RT Fred Johnson is struggling. True Freshman OL Jawaan Taylor has been really good and is threatening to take the RT spot.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Rumors...out of camp is RB Mark Thompson is still putting the ball on the ground and RT Fred Johnson is struggling. True Freshman OL Jawaan Taylor has been really good and is threatening to take the RT spot.

Dude needs to do some forearm and wrist exercises.

What are you hearing about the line in general? Sure, pass pro will still be shyt. But how are they doing in the running game.?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Dude needs to do some forearm and wrist exercises.

What are you hearing about the line in general? Sure, pass pro will still be shyt. But how are they doing in the running game.?
From what I was told Saturday is the line is opening up holes and the RB's are finding them. Also was told that pass pro has improved big time (compared to last season) but RT Fred Johnson is still swimming "mentally" with a couple things. Jawaan Taylor is pushing him hard for that RT spot and if Johnson doesn't get things straight Taylor could take his spot.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's terrible news but exactly what I was hearing also.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What gives ? Thompson has been concentrating on not fumbling, yet he's still fumbling. That says
that he cannot be relied on.?? ... and thus cannot be relied on ??
What use can a bash-back be, since it's when you get bashed that fumbles most occur.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for the updates:

I hope the OL is much improved that will make all the difference. Thompson is going to have to learn how to not fumble or he is not going to get much playing time. I don't think McElwain is going to give him the ball when he puts it on the ground and there are capable backs behind him.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
... heard Lewis was penalized for spearing helmet first. ??

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
What gives ? Thompson has been concentrating on not fumbling, yet he's still fumbling. That says
that he cannot be relied on.?? ... and thus cannot be relied on ??
What use can a bash-back be, since it's when you get bashed that fumbles most occur.
Gonna go out on a limb here and say that if Thompson can't hold on to the ball this late in his career that he's never gonna see the field except as a blocker.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Gonna go out on a limb here and say that if Thompson can't hold on to the ball this late in his career that he's never gonna see the field except as a blocker.

This could be the problem:

donald-trump-small-hands1.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Its not this late in his career. He was a receiver up until last year, I think. He will be fine. Hes in the same boat Scarlett was last year, except he is bigger, more physical, a better blocker and a real good receiver.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Scarlett is the real deal and if he gets it figured out will be a huge asset to us this year...

I'll be honest im not sold on Thompson. Never was from the beginning

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As for me, I want Thompson to be our RB hero, bashing tacklers out of the way, making 3 yards after
solid tackle-hits. Want to see some LBs asking to come out for a play or two.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Scarlett is the real deal and if he gets it figured out will be a huge asset to us this year...

I'll be honest im not sold on Thompson. Never was from the beginning
I'll go on record as being in this camp regarding Thompson. I'd like to see Scarlett breakout, but me thinks Cronkrite is the man.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Thompson can't hold onto the ball? Hmm..well, we are short on LB's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.