Season Prediction Thread Do Over

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I said 7-5 or 8-4. I'm sticking with the 8-4 but it might be 9-3 with some luck and staying healthy.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I said 7-5 or 8-4. I'm sticking with the 8-4 but it might be 9-3 with some luck and staying healthy.

Durty, I’ve got to ask. Of the remaining schedule, who is the 3rd team that scares you outside of LSU and UGA? Mizzou who we have at home or FSU who lucked out against a bad Louisville team today? I know it shouldn’t be the fighting muschamps, the team that should’ve lost to Tennessee State w/ receiver Treon Harris, or Idaho.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
So far we’ve overreacted two weeks in a row. My prediction is that UK will have a good season and this loss won’t look so bad. Not sure that we can get to six wins. If we can’t, let’s work on the future and put some freshmen in the rotation. I do think we’ll improve throughout the year. I don’t think FSU will.

Winning comment.

I'm going with 3 and 9. I think we go 0fer in conference play. But get Idaho and fsu to finish the year. Like alot folks have said, I just wanna see improvement and hopefully we start pushing some young guys for pt. Central Michigan put up a better fight against Kentucky than we did . They just got their breaks beat off by Kansas.

This one, not so much. Already two wins more than your conference play prediction.

The emotions were really low after UK loss as clearly demonstrated on this thread, but thankfully most were wrong.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mizzou who we have at home or FSU who lucked out against a bad Louisville team today? I
We are gonna need to score some points vs Mizzu. And stop their QB. He is the best QB we face this year and our safeties are still a huge liability.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
We are still young and lack depth. I believe we have a low ceiling. 8-4 seems appropriate. Anything better and its a huge, huge season. IMHO

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Durty, I’ve got to ask. Of the remaining schedule, who is the 3rd team that scares you outside of LSU and UGA? Mizzou who we have at home or FSU who lucked out against a bad Louisville team today? I know it shouldn’t be the fighting muschamps, the team that should’ve lost to Tennessee State w/ receiver Treon Harris, or Idaho.
I still contend we shouldn't have lost to Kentucky, but we did. It's a long season, a young team that isn't used to winning, being favored, and especially not ranked. If we go with your prediction, we'll be all of those. And then there's injuries, suspensions, and that inevitable game where things just go uncharacteristicly wrong or unlucky for a team. We also aren't very deep at anything besides runningback. We'll deal with every bit of that stuff this year. The question that should be asked is do YOU think we'll successfuly weather all that unscathed? I said 9-3 with a good bit of luck and staying healthy. Those are big ifs. I still expect 8-4 bc I don't think this team is mature and deep enough to not drop a game they shouldn't.

Last edited:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
In thought 4-1 heading into LSU, but not like this. It would be super sweet to stick it to "We Are The Only Americans Who Know About Hurricanes" bunch of inbred, FEMA teet sucking, smelly, and bastardized Cajuns.

leogator

May 5, 2018
I said 10-2 with losses to LSU and Georgia. Since Kentucky beat us, I say we beat LSU and still finish 10-2. I don't care about the bowl game, all I care are the additional practices.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Sugar Bowl is supposedly SEC team against Big 12 possibly. A matchup against PED boy in his final game?

Nice to dream anyway.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Wins? We still talking bout wins? I really had zero expectations as far as wins go for this season. Frankly because I did not believe that Mullen was the right guy for the job. I really though that the rebuilding effort was to big for him. I would have, and still will be happy to see improvements in all areas.
  • We have already seen a drastic improvement in our ST play.
  • We continue to see improvement in our offense from our skill position players
  • We continue to see younger players step up and contribute in real game situations.
  • .We continue to see our coaches make in game adjustments.

None of the above have been seen in Gainesville in quite some time. If we continue laying with the effort that has been on display since the KY debacle we will be ok. That said I can see where we should get to 8 maybe 9 wins this year. That will get us into a bowl game, give us the additional time to practice, and help with recruiting.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I still contend we shouldn't have lost to Kentucky, but we did. It's a long season, a young team that isn't used to winning, being favored, and especially not ranked. If we go with your prediction, we'll be all of those. And then there's injuries, suspensions, and that inevitable game where things just go uncharacteristicly wrong or unlucky for a team. We also aren't very deep at anything besides runningback. We'll deal with every bit of that stuff this year. The question that should be asked is do YOU think we'll successfuly weather all that unscathed? I said 9-3 with a good bit of luck and staying healthy. Those are big ifs. I still expect 8-4 bc I don't think this team is mature and deep enough to not drop a game they shouldn't.

I wasn't trying to be attacking or anything, just wondering what team you thought would be the third loss. I would also say that the Kentucky game was the unlucky and uncharacteristic game. Example being that Field Goal called missed. That call was a momentum changer and the point spread changes the game plan. Could the team drop the ball against an opponent we should beat? Yes. In the pre-season I said we would do as much. It's one thing to throw out numbers, I'm just curious which teams and why, that's all.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I wasn't trying to be attacking or anything, just wondering what team you thought would be the third loss. I would also say that the Kentucky game was the unlucky and uncharacteristic game. Example being that Field Goal called missed. That call was a momentum changer and the point spread changes the game plan. Could the team drop the ball against an opponent we should beat? Yes. In the pre-season I said we would do as much. It's one thing to throw out numbers, I'm just curious which teams and why, that's all.
if I knew who we'd lose and win against I'd be a rich man.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Barring injuries I've got some really high hopes. Like really high. Embarrassed to admit, high hopes. If we stay on track we have some battles with the two toughest being LSU and UGAy. If we can steal the LSU game in the Swamp, and I think we can, then we just have UGAy who has a habit of giving us games. So.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator