SEC Country: Approval Rating for SEC coaches

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The 60% that approved on Swampgas are prolly the same 60% that approved on SEC Country and we've already established that they're insane so that's 100% disapprove.

There's actually a thread over there contemplating Sandusky's innocence. Feel free to take a peek. You might be right on the insanity part.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
People have the tendency to look around them and think what they see constitutes reality.

For instance, the people I know that smoke weed are convinced that the majority of people smoke weed. They think this because they are constantly in the company of like minded people.

The vocal negators on this board are convinced that the majority of the Gator fans out there want McElwain fired. When they discuss this they always say "everyone I talk to wants him gone".

I honestly think that those who fall into the T-Rex and Dirty South category of thinking Mac should have been fired last week are the tiny minority. I think the vast majority of the fans out there, or even just on this board, support Mac and think he has us going in the right direction.

Of course, I could be falling victim to confirmation bias just like the negators. It would be interesting to see a poll on Gator Chatter.

Based on anecdotal evidence, I think 22 is correct. I am surprised at the number of Gator fans that I run into who are happy with Mac. For example, this past weekend, we spent a couple days in Miramar Beach. I ran into a Gator fan and of course we started talking football. I made the statement that we need a QB and my wife said we need a coach. The guy says we have a good coach. Go figure? I guess most Gator fans don't look under the hood like most of board do.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
There should have been a "jury still out" option, just to give another option (although in a lot of people's minds it's been settled - one way or the other - already).

Ha! The same 60% wanted Chump back for a 4th year too don't forget.

True story. Funny how so many people will now deny this....

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Based on anecdotal evidence, I think 22 is correct. I am surprised at the number of Gator fans that I run into who are happy with Mac. For example, this past weekend, we spent a couple days in Miramar Beach. I ran into a Gator fan and of course we started talking football. I made the statement that we need a QB and my wife said we need a coach. The guy says we have a good coach. Go figure? I guess most Gator fans don't look under the hood like most of board do.

"Most Gator fans" couldn't tell you the starting OL or tell you who the DB coach is..... I'd say message board Gator fans could tell you more...but my guess is about 5-10% of "fans" read message boards.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think if you wanted a more accurate poll it would need to be conducted by something like CBS Sports or ESPN. Then it will need to be a sliding scale. Like grade his performance 1 to 10 with 1 being terrible and 10 being great.

I think you would see him around 6-ish. Maybe 7.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Missing a "Jury is Still Out" Option (mentioned above), this is year three. 60% of the roster should be filled with his players. This is the year that will tell us more about the direction of the program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator