SEC Media Days

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Is ESPNU not showing the player interviews hardly ? I think Florida's time is scheduled from 2:40 to 4:10 but Muschamp doesn't go until 3:30 ?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n13811 said:
Triple option absolutely negates defensive talent. It's a complete and total pain in the ass if you don't play your assignment. The best (and only) way to stop it is discipline. Obviously our team didn't have a ton of that last year.
So then why do only a tiny handful of teams in college football run it full time?

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
"This is the most complete team we've had since I've been here." -Will Muschamp

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
When asked about Joker. Muschamp "I'm focused on the team and appreciate Joker but I'm happy for Chris Leak

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator;n13823 said:
When asked about Joker. Muschamp "I'm focused on the team and appreciate Joker but I'm happy for Chris Leak
Is that vein on his forehead pumping away yet?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n13814 said:
So then why do only a tiny handful of teams in college football run it full time?
Honestly, I have no idea. Part of it could be it's hard to get sexy recruits running that type of offense, part of it could be not as many coaches know how to teach the triple option anymore, and part of it could be you can't win it all these days without at least having a serviceable passing game. Because at some point, you're going to have to come from behind, and it's not a great come from behind offense.

All I know is, if Georgia Tech ever figures out how to throw the ball, they'll win the ACC every year.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
VH3 on Driskel: I think he’s the best QB in college football.

This is coming from local reporters on twitter, he has not had a press conference yet.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n13803 said:
Yeah, the vein in his head will start pumping. Red will start to crawl from his neck up his face. He'll be squeezing so hard on that water bottle that it may explode. Then he'll start shouting about midlines.

If I was there, I would ask him that if the triple option negates defensive talent, then why aren't we running it?
Excellent question.:popcorn:

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
@RagjUF: "Hargreaves says the vertical aspect in this offense is much more pronounced based on what he saw in spring."

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
"We may be changing offensive sets / schemes etc but understand this - we will not be changing our offensive philosophy" Will Muschamp

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator;n13828 said:
@RagjUF: "Hargreaves says the vertical aspect in this offense is much more pronounced based on what he saw in spring."

ESPNU should be showing their interviews.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n13829 said:
"We may be changing offensive sets / schemes etc but understand this - we will not be changing our offensive philosophy" Will Muschamp
He should be fired immediately if that's the case.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n13829 said:
SCARY chit, right there!!!! Hard to believe anything he says anymore.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
When Jeff was in the shotgun in 2012 Jeff played better, our offense did better. We decided to go that direction. -Muschamp (not perfect quote)

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
"Jeff Driskel was recruited to Florida to be a shotgun quarterback." Now, he will be. - Muschamp (@ChrisHarry)

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Humphries is up to 295. (only was able to play 4 games in 2013).

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
"We like some experience on defense, but i'll take talent over experience any day." -Muschamp #Gators

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.