Gator Basketball Selection Sunday: Who do we get and who don't we want

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Penn up 3 on Harvard with 12 seconds left and elects to NOT foul...they allow Harvard to get 3 good looks at the 3 point shot and....NO GOOD. So they didn't foul up 3 and it did not hurt them...Discuss!

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Yeah I want absolutely nothing to do with Michigan.

Why? I think Michigan might be a team these guys would take seriously, IF they can take the first round game seriously enough. I like someone maybe you said worry more about a team like San Diego State.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Why? I think Michigan might be a team these guys would take seriously, IF they can take the first round game seriously enough. I like someone maybe you said worry more about a team like San Diego State.
Because Michigan is way better than us.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Because Michigan is way better than us.

I doubt it. The Big can't count to 12 or 14 or whatever number it is now is seriously down this year. Michigan is 10 in Kenpom and UF is 23. That is a fairly even matchup. UF has already beaten number 4 and 8 in Kenpom and fortunately it will not be at home where this group loses focus the most.

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
I hope we get a 7 seed and play a lousy Purdue #2 seed second round.... Then we could go deep . I don't care about seeds just the teams

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I hope we get a 7 seed and play a lousy Purdue #2 seed second round.... Then we could go deep . I don't care about seeds just the teams

Ummm no. Purdue can crush it from 3 and has a 7 footer in the middle who would own our souls. Bad matchup for us.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
To quote Han Solo...I got a bad feeling about this...

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The Big 10 sux. We're going to have to play someone. I'd gladly take my chances with the Big 10 in the second round.

I don’t think it makes much sense to look at the conference regarding who I’d want to play. Matchups are much more important.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I never want anything to do with MI State come tournament time. IMore often than not Izzo has a way of getting his team ready to play.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Fair enough. but they're slow. If we could play up tempo, force turnovers, and hit our stop and pops we could run away from them.
Since we’re using KenPom numbers, Purdue runs a more up tempo offense than we do. They’re 220th in adjusted tempo, we’re 240th.

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
I'd rather play Purdue than Mich St that team and coach is tough. I'd rather not play a tiny school that is organized. Rather play talented team that is disorganized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.