Serious question: Would you swap coaches with Oregon?

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, how many would take Mark Helfrich right now over McElwain? I'm curious...

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I would be very tempted, and, although not a slam on our ladies, would consider trading for their cheerleaders as well......

upload_2016-11-30_17-27-34.jpeg

upload_2016-11-30_17-27-49.jpeg

images

images

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Why do that and just prolong our already long march back to elite status?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, I'd trade, in a heartbeat. I'd make him hire an elite DC, no doubt, but I'm sure Helfrich doesn't consider 3-10 points "purty kewl" and a sign of improvement.

At least we wouldn't be hiring a guy that couldn't score 30 points against a geographical school and is just lucky to score at all after September.

Last edited:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Heck yeah! I'm all for it! Let's absolutely back the Brinx truck up to his front door. We NEED another loser to finish us off and put us out of our misery already. I'm tired of waiting for the inevitable. :suicide:

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm good. Mac may not be elite but at least he wins every game he's supposed too and steals one here and there he shouldn't

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Helfrich is terrible...way worse than Mac.

Has Mac gotten UF to a National Championship game? Helfrich actually has at Oregon a few years ago. Just saying...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm good. Mac may not be elite but at least he wins every game he's supposed too and steals one here and there he shouldn't
This is just a fvkktard comment. It's like people claiming back in the day that we were "supposed" to lose to Ugly, LSU and every other decent team bc we hired that idiot Zook. When we have good coaches, we are a top tier school, but when we hire a loser, we are "supposed" to lose to every team with a winning record.

Such a fvkktard comment.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Has Mac gotten UF to a National Championship game? Helfrich actually has at Oregon a few years ago. Just saying...
yeah with a loaded team full of players he didn't recruit...now look at them.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Arkansas beat us pretty good and I hope we could beat FSU at home still

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is just a fvkktard comment. It's like people claiming back in the day that we were "supposed" to lose to Ugly, LSU and every other decent team bc we hired that idiot Zook. When we have good coaches, we are a top tier school, but when we hire a loser, we are "supposed" to lose to every team with a winning record.

Such a fvkktard comment.

Sorry you don't realize how far we are behind in depth and talent compared to a lot of the other schools on our schedule. FSU is miles ahead of us. So is Tennessee (when it comes to talent and depth) so is LSU (who we beat on the road) and so is the team that we are facing this week. Mac has a lot of work he needs to do, #1 he must start pulling in elite talent, this has to happen for us to catch up to the big boys. #2 He's got to fire Nuss, Summers, and Nord. No question about any of that. I still don't think he's done terrible with what he's had. Name me a coach that would've won more games last year and this year with the roster we had? Other than Saban, Meyer and Harbaugh.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They are favored to beat us because we hired a piece of shyt who has never heard of the term "touchdown".

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, that's right, hiring an idiot who can't out recruit Kintucky or FAU does have repercussions.

We are above both of those schools :lol: I understand we are all pissed at the loss against the Noles but 2 years isn't enough to judge a coach. After the end of next year we can make that decision. Next year he will have no excuse as it will be mostly his players plus a seasoned O line plus solid RB's WR's and a QB of his choice. If he stinks it up next year (especially when most of our games are at home and our only true road games are ones we should win with ease) then he deserves to be fired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.