Serious question: Would you swap coaches with Oregon?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Helfrich took a program that made the NC game TWO YEARS AGO and went 4-8 this year. I mean, he rode Chip Kelly's coattails until his players got into the system, and they immediately tanked. Why the hell would we want him?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Those "pushing" the 2-year reject Mac conclusion are see-ahead fortune-tellers, rather misfortune tellers.
But 4 years of any HC would be what's expected by all prospective newcomer HCs to UF. So to get
an elite HC, Florida will have to show extensive loyalty & patience with new-coach Mac. Likely 4 years.

Our next HC hire has to be a dynamic COY type hire. That is a big gamble whenever it happens.
While UF AD works on that, Mac may start showing a Gator Program climbing toward national prominence.??
It's true that Macncrew has failed his first 2 years, failed in Offensive prowess, failed in top-15 recruiting, failed
in fulfilling recruiting needs, failed in developing a worthwhile QB or 2, failed in keeping our guys from injury etc.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Those "pushing" the 2-year reject Mac conclusion are see-ahead fortune-tellers, rather misfortune tellers.
But 4 years of any HC would be what's expected by all prospective newcomer HCs to UF. So to get
an elite HC, Florida will have to show extensive loyalty & patience with new-coach Mac. Likely 4 years.

Our next HC hire has to be a dynamic COY type hire. That is a big gamble whenever it happens.
While UF AD works on that, Mac may start showing a Gator Program climbing toward national prominence.??
It's true that Macncrew has failed his first 2 years, failed in Offensive prowess, failed in top-15 recruiting, failed
in fulfilling recruiting needs, failed in developing a worthwhile QB or 2, failed in keeping our guys from injury etc.

Is english your first language? I'm not :stickpoke:Something about your sentence structure has me confused. Like it's translated by a computer. Stream of consciousness typing. Uncanny valley. Yoda-like.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is english your first language? I'm not :stickpoke:Something about your sentence structure has me confused. Like it's translated by a computer. Stream of consciousness typing. Uncanny valley. Yoda-like.

rog is deep man, he's deep. I love it!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I would have to say no for the the following reason. I hate all coaches who only care about offense and want to run 200 plays a game. That is great when playing the little sisters of the poor, but when you can't sustain drives and go 3 and out all the time, it gives your defense no chance. Again I want a head coach who understands football, not a head coach who only sees one side of the ball.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Nope 3 years is plenty just like Zook. And Zook actually recruited good.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I admit sometimes I skip his posts. It takes too much time to process it. Hurts my head a little.

Rog used to prescribe drugs. Need I say more?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Threads like this make me believe that the suckage is starting to cause brain rot around these parts....We need a coach who knows what it takes to be a Florida Gator....... not a god damned 4-8er....Were still paying one of those..

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ut 2 years isn't enough to judge a coach.
No one thinks he is getting fired. No one has posted that.

What most of the realists understand is that he jumped in the deep, deep hole that Will Dawgshyt left and started digging. Recruiting classes echo two or three years later. He has already made his future by ignoring recruiting (or perhaps trusting the wrong lieutenants). We are now three to four top recruiting classes from competing again, and Butterteeth doesn't have that much time. Hell, next year looks like it may well be the worst class he has signed yet. That is inexcusable.

I'm pretty confident Butters will never sign even one top class. He's gone next year I expect once he has to rely on his pitiful offense to make up for the soon to be very, very average (at best) defense. I doubt we go 4-8, but it wouldn't surprise me. We've won a lot of very tight games, games that the other team feels they SHOULD have won. Those tend even out, like after Tinerc's ultra lucky 1998 season or our similarly lucky 2012 season.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I would have to say no for the the following reason. I hate all coaches who only care about offense and want to run 200 plays a game. That is great when playing the little sisters of the poor, but when you can't sustain drives and go 3 and out all the time, it gives your defense no chance. Again I want a head coach who understands football, not a head coach who only sees one side of the ball.

Like Spurrier? He used to draw plays with the wrong number of lineman.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
IMO this Mac to Oregon thing could have serious legs. Mac is a west coast guy and I think he would prefer that atmosphere compared to Florida. I think his attitude/personality fits more of the west coast vibration.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
We are above both of those schools :lol: I understand we are all pissed at the loss against the Noles but 2 years isn't enough to judge a coach. After the end of next year we can make that decision. Next year he will have no excuse as it will be mostly his players plus a seasoned O line plus solid RB's WR's and a QB of his choice. If he stinks it up next year (especially when most of our games are at home and our only true road games are ones we should win with ease) then he deserves to be fired.

The "failed in top 15 recruiting" is a real problem. It's pure fantasy to think this coaching staff can reach elite status by the way its recruited. You take a coach that can't recruit and couple that with lousy coaching (did you hear the stat that 67% of the time, after a run play, we pass and after a pass play we run), and you have what we've seen the last two years. You see what hiring a top tier coach can do immediately, Harbaugh for example. And yet, Florida continues to backslide.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
No one thinks he is getting fired. No one has posted that.

What most of the realists understand is that he jumped in the deep, deep hole that Will Dawgshyt left and started digging. Recruiting classes echo two or three years later. He has already made his future by ignoring recruiting (or perhaps trusting the wrong lieutenants). We are now three to four top recruiting classes from competing again, and Butterteeth doesn't have that much time. Hell, next year looks like it may well be the worst class he has signed yet. That is inexcusable.

I'm pretty confident Butters will never sign even one top class. He's gone next year I expect once he has to rely on his pitiful offense to make up for the soon to be very, very average (at best) defense. I doubt we go 4-8, but it wouldn't surprise me. We've won a lot of very tight games, games that the other team feels they SHOULD have won. Those tend even out, like after Tinerc's ultra lucky 1998 season or our similarly lucky 2012 season.
That's right. Unfortunately, this clown will not be fired and he sure as hell is not going to leave. It's the future that scares the hell out of me. You take that kid Hansford who tweets that as a commit, he can't stand to watch the offense and then immediately flips. He's just one that says it publicly. Even that Mac nutswinger recruiting expert Spivey said it was due to our putrid offense. What top tier prospect could stomach jumping in a dumpster fire. They're young but not retarded, er, ah, I mean mentally challenged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.