Serious question: Would you swap coaches with Oregon?

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
IMO this Mac to Oregon thing could have serious legs. Mac is a west coast guy and I think he would prefer that atmosphere compared to Florida. I think his attitude/personality fits more of the west coast vibration.
That's just wishful thinking. Besides, why would Oregon want him. Rich Brook's field would spew him out.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Why do hate our new coach already? Give him a chance.
SC, it's not a discussion about hating HIM. It's a question of hating his product. I was high on Mac but coupled with the product he puts on the field, and what we can see in his recruiting ineptitude and his public persona in facing these deficits, his act has gotten old fast. After all, he's the one that brought both Luke and Appleby in. Both these guys are rejects from inferior programs, and he's refused to even try the Frosh, claiming to want to save their red shirts. Puh-lease. SOS, for example, would have tried every QB on the roster and maybe even a couple of walk ons by now. This guy is a loser.

Last edited:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
SC, it's not a discussion about hating HIM. It's a question of hating his product. I was high on Mac but coupled with the product he puts on the field, and what we can see in his recruiting ineptitude and his public persona in facing these deficits, his act has gotten old fast. After all, he's the one that brought both Luke and Appleby in. Both these guys are rejects from inferior programs, and he's refused to even try the Frosh, claiming to want to save their red shirts. Puh-lease. SOL, for example, would have tried every QB on the roster and maybe even a couple of walk ons by now. This guy is a loser.

Does SOL mean Spurrier?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They don't have a head coach right now, so no.

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
You think Florida's recruiting is bad? Look at Oregon's, and then tell me if you want that coach.

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
SC, it's not a discussion about hating HIM. It's a question of hating his product. I was high on Mac but coupled with the product he puts on the field, and what we can see in his recruiting ineptitude and his public persona in facing these deficits, his act has gotten old fast. After all, he's the one that brought both Luke and Appleby in. Both these guys are rejects from inferior programs, and he's refused to even try the Frosh, claiming to want to save their red shirts. Puh-lease. SOL, for example, would have tried every QB on the roster and maybe even a couple of walk ons by now. This guy is a loser.

Ok, it was a joke about Dude Hating the new Oregon Coach before he even took the job. You see, Dude said, "Helfirtch was terrible." So I twisted that to make it look like Dude was already hating him. The construct of the joke should have been seen in I said "why do you hate our "new" coach." Mac is the old coach... get it? ha ha??

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Ok, it was a joke about Dude Hating the new Oregon Coach before he even took the job. You see, Dude said, "Helfirtch was terrible." So I twisted that to make it look like Dude was already hating him. The construct of the joke should have been seen in I said "why do you hate our "new" coach." Mac is the old coach... get it? ha ha??
I stand corrected.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Does SOL mean Spurrier?
You betcha. My dumb. I had SOL on my mind thinking of Hee Haw leaving on his own. Meant SOS. Can you imagine him putting up with our QB play and doing nothing?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There's a message board rumor that helfrich may be in play as OC for Tennessee . If Nuss does get let go, I wonder if we'd make a run at him?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There's a message board rumor that helfrich may be in play as OC for Tennessee . If Nuss does get let go, I wonder if we'd make a run at him?
:what:

Yeah, we are going to hire a spread option guy, jettison the whole fvkking roster and start over AGAIN.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
:what:

Yeah, we are going to hire a spread option guy, jettison the whole fvkking roster and start over AGAIN.
Not what I'm insinuating. It's not impossible to incorporate some of the principles of that Oregon offense into ours. It's not necessarily uncommon. Look at Major Applewhite, how many different systems has he been a coordinator in? That nappier guy that gets mentioned all the time was a spread option guy at Clemson before mac hired him as oc at csu. So no, I definitely don't think he would gut his own system , man lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.