Sgt. Carter or Charlie Strong

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n292696 said:
If you like that one then take this to Vegas later in the year......UM 31....OSU 10. Book it.....
As ridiculous as this one is, it's twice as realistic as the Bama one. :lol2:

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Crete, I'll take one of those peanut butter sandwiches you're eating.

LL

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'd believe Michigan beating Ohio State. There's no way in blockhead hell that Arkansas will waltz into Bryant-Denny and win this week, though.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n292216 said:
I'm not endorsing Charlie. He's not a major level program HC imo. I also think you're simplifying their biggest problem. Meyer and Saban do not coach or recruit 7 on 7 football players, which is what Texas HS football players are a product of for the last 7 or 8 years. These kids want to play in Klingsbury, Briles, Stoops type systems and that's not going to change anytime soon. And while these systems are fun to play in and watch they just aren't going to win NC's. In other words Texas has become the 5th or 6th option for Texas HS recruits.....
I agree with you on that texas has fallen behind these other schools in recruiting because of what they run in highschool and how similar it to the programs you've mentioned. Your not the only one to say or think this, plenty of talking heads have been saying it. But I don't think it's impossible for one of these teams that run a spread uptempo type system to win a championship. Look at auburn, they won a championship running that kinda offense Oregon has been close.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
t-gator;n292752 said:
I agree with you on that texas has fallen behind these other schools in recruiting because of what they run in higfootball teamhschool and how similar it to the programs you've mentioned. Your not the only one to say or think this, plenty of talking heads have been saying it. But I don't think it's impossible for one of these teams that run a spread uptempo type system to win a championship. Look at auburn, they won a championship running that kinda offense Oregon has been close.

Not saying a power based spread like Auburn or UF ran with TT wouldn't win NC's, hell it's already done so 4 times in less than 10 years.... The Leach/pass 60 frickin times a game system that is so popular in the state of Texas will never win a NC though and most Texas HS players are playing in those systems. Bottom line is UT is so far behind ,3-5 years imo, because they refused to go this route despite not being a true power football team either....They are like a giant turd floating around in the bowl, and it's going to take several flushes to get it down.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;292219 said:
Thank you for proving my point.....:exactly:BTW I'm not defending Charlie. There's a reason he wasn't hired here. BTW, nice of you to put up a Bielema thread this week, will you put one up next week when Arky shocks Bama?

Nice try "block head."

You said there was no one capable of fixing Texas quickly, not that no one capable would be willing to do it.

You proved all of our points, that you can't back up any of your ridiculous claims :lol:

Bert - I started that thread 2 weeks ago actually, but if you want me to bump it Saturday night after the pigs are turned to crisp bacon, just let me know. I've got spare time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.