Shane Matthew’s Podcast: the Gators suck

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Have a listen. He says he went to the scrimmage this weekend and that we looked terrible. He doesn’t buy the whole Lingard thing. He says Montrell is the best back and it’s not close.

He also said the talent on this team
Is terrible. That Napier needs to hit the portal hard. The receivers are really awful.

I don’t know what to believe but he was adamant that Mullen stunk at recruiting talent and that the team is not at SEC level talent.

see link below

‎PodUp with Matthews in the Morning: 4/11/22 JC on Apple Podcasts

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Well, I guess we need to temper expectations for a couple of years and hope recruiting picks up exponentially...

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Have a listen. He says he went to the scrimmage this weekend and that we looked terrible. He doesn’t buy the whole Lingard thing. He says Montrell is the best back and it’s not close.

He also said the talent on this team
Is terrible. That Napier needs to hit the portal hard. The receivers are really awful.

I don’t know what to believe but he was adamant that Mullen stunk at recruiting talent and that the team is not at SEC level talent.

see link below

‎PodUp with Matthews in the Morning: 4/11/22 JC on Apple Podcasts

Shane's seemingly had an axe to grind with the program for quite awhile now. Not saying he doesn't have valid opinions, but I take what he says with a grain of salt.

Do we need more talent here? Absolutely. Are we to believe that we're suddenly below Vandy level of talent? I'm not buying it. Did we look terrible at the scrimmage? Probably, and this doesn't surprise me at all. New coaching staff, new philosophy on offense and defense, and a giant install to expose the players to as much of the new playbooks that they possibly can before the Fall? Gee, I'm shocked that we looked terrible at the scrimmage. Meh.

Speaking of Shane, I wonder if he has any new investment opportunities popping up. I hear he's the guy to talk to if you want to get rich quick ;)

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I now expect a 2-win season. When Mathews speaks, I perk up and listen.

None of us have the slightest idea what to expect from this particular team. I remember thinking Cam Newton was absolutely awful when he scrimmaged.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018

None of us have the slightest idea what to expect from this particular team. I remember thinking Cam Newton was absolutely awful when he scrimmaged.

He stuck with Mullen til the last possible minute…idc what he says anymore

Last edited:

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

Cam was awful here.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I know what I saw at UL.
I know what I saw under Muschump
I know what I saw under MacButters
I know what I did not see under Cousin Eddie

OX I say we win 7+ games next year without seeing a scrimmage...And Brother...Who's a Debbie Downer now?

NOTE: What good is talent without structure and discipline?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Napier’s a builder, not a fixer. Translation, it’ll take longer if it’s going to happen. I have little doubt that Matthews, always blunt in his assessment, is accurate about what he sees.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Structure and discipline can also make up for the lack of talent.

tenor.gif

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure what is up with Shane?? I would temper and take it with a grain of salt on his opinion. Yes we already know we have issues with the areas pointed out. But he puts it in a "sky is falling" representation. No one and I mean no one really knows how this is going to go. But we have things going with the program that have not been before. I am willing to see what it bears. Maybe he just needs to take a Midol and chill. We all know that Mullett broke it so bad this is going to take a bit to fix. But there is an energy at UF we haven't seen in a while, so try to enjoy.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Shane mathews also said will muschamp had the best coaching staff ever assembled at UF. I love him but he's an idiot

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Not sure what is up with Shane?? I would temper and take it with a grain of salt on his opinion. Yes we already know we have issues with the areas pointed out. But he puts it in a "sky is falling" representation. No one and I mean no one really knows how this is going to go. But we have things going with the program that have not been before. I am willing to see what it bears. Maybe he just needs to take a Midol and chill. We all know that Mullett broke it so bad this is going to take a bit to fix. But there is an energy at UF we haven't seen in a while, so try to enjoy.
:pe:

Pell went winless in year 1 but we won our first SEC Title in 1984... It opened the doors for SOS
and we ALL know what he did

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.