Shane Matthews: AR can’t throw the ball

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
meh...it more likely that there's no middle ground with you and your takes.

Majority of youze guys only focused on the high ceiling we all saw when he sparingly got playing time last season while dismissing the fact that there really was not a lot of game time to see his whole range. He got over hyped because of it and yall started building a statue next to Spurrier, Danny and Tim. Maybe just maybe AR isn't as good (yet...or ever) as he was hyped to be nor is he as bad as some of you are professing he is today. Maybe he is just a young player who needs some time for the game to slow down for him and he realizes he needs another season for that to happen. I bet he comes back next season and we see a bump in his play due to having a year under his belt as the starter and in this system. I bet we see a bump across the board of this team for the same reasons.
I think this is a reasonable take. I didn't buy they hype where with only, what 43 college passes, he was NFL draft ready?

I expected that he would have rough patches this year with so little experience. What bothers me are a) his mental and physical toughness and b) his accuracy.

Solid performance by him against A&M. Very happy for the win. Let's hope he can bring that against USC.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Monumental to our outlook on next season. While I expect our defense to be much improved (only place to go is up lol), OL to be solid, and skill players to be elite, I do not feel good about our QB situation if he leaves.

Kitna - extremely unproven, low rated recruit
Miller - stinks

Recruiting has us with a high 3/low 4 star commit who can’t win in HS

Wonder if Napier would go after a transfer QB…
If AR leaves and we don’t go to the portal for a QB I’ll definitely take Kitna over Miller. Yes it was vs lower comp but he looked poised, decisive and accurate in limited action last time we saw him on the field. Coaches say he can spin it and we hear the stories of him not throwing an incompletion at practices ect. Son of a pro QB, kids probably been breaking down offensive concepts and defensive coverages since he could crawl.

I think after that presser the last time he played there’s a reason Billy didn’t let him throw vs A&M that 1 play he came out for AR.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
AR can’t throw. He can chuck it down the field. But can’t hit routine throws. And misses half his throws.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Best of luck in the future AR, wishing you the best. Last play was sums it up best

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Best of luck in the future AR, wishing you the best. Last play was sums it up best

He’s just too easily knocked out of his rhythm over and over. Maybe that comes with maturity and next level coaching, but it’s his biggest issue.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Yea i wish him the best as well but we have to move on from him even if he decides to play his Sr year. I was so excited before the season but it's clear at this point he's just not there up top. You can also add the next to the last play as well, had an open Wr and threw it out of bounds with a clean pocket

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Play after play last night Richardson stood in the pocket for what seemed like one ... two ... sometimes even three seconds while he surveyed the field. He could have cooked breakfast while he was at it. I was amazed at the amount of time he had. And yet not one of those times could he find an open receiver.

If he cant find his rhythm, it's because he's blind to it. You thought Tebow was not NFL ready? Richardson's about to rewrite the book.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
AR's main issue is his INCONSISTENCIES. When he's on he's hot but when he's cold he's FRIGID.

How do you coach that? How do you play call?

This reminds me of Franks...on paper he's NFL good but we knew better.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
AR's main issue is his INCONSISTENCIES. When he's on he's hot but when he's cold he's FRIGID.

How do you coach that? How do you play call?

This reminds me of Franks...on paper he's NFL good but we knew better.

You can’t coach it.

Napier’s game management sucks. And not running it to start the 2nd half was stupid. Squib kick was dumb too.

But he can’t complete the routine passes for AR.

And he can’t tackle for the defense. The players were in position! And couldn’t tackle!

And how the hell did they not line up properly at the end of the game?! That’s not on Napier. They know how to line up!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You can’t coach it.

Napier’s game management sucks. And not running it to start the 2nd half was stupid. Squib kick was dumb too.

But he can’t complete the routine passes for AR.

And he can’t tackle for the defense. The players were in position! And couldn’t tackle!
Yeah, lots of issues to overcome makes for a sh*tty season. I’m disappointed to say the least but we can only hope for major upgrades to the roster in the offseason.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
AR was erratic again last night, no argument there, but are we going to act like his WRs or TEs (outside of Ricky) we’re worth a damn last night? I think Douglas dropped 4 balls himself :lol:

When you have Zanders and Reynolds running routes on the same play, that’s two dudes who I can promise aren’t getting any separation.

We likely win by 10 if we have our full complement of WRs (or a competent DC)

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I wish Tebow was his/AR's role model.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

Mocking the chop on the first TD was the sure sign we’d lose. I’ve said so many times over the years you simply can’t have that type of behavior from a QB. Anyone else, fine. Not your QB. Be excited, celebrate, show some intensity. But you don’t do that. Even Tebow pushed it as far as absolutely possible. But he also backed it up more often than not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator