Should either Roper or Durkin remain?

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;117515 said:
Agree. I'd definitely like to see Robinson, Summers, Lawing, and possibly Lewis remain.

Does Dillman get retained at S&C?
Watching this team live, I've never seen a more intense man on the sidelines than Dillman! He's pumping guys up when they are down and more of the same when they do something good. I've watched him motivating players up and down the sidelines during games. I'd be happy if they kept him. I don't think toughness is our problem. It's one of the most underrated staff positions with responsibility to keep the team out of trouble during the summer where WM has received a lot of the credit.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
G8RNGA;n117570 said:
Watching this team live, I've never seen a more intense man on the sidelines than Dillman! He's pumping guys up when they are down and more of the same when they do something good. I've watched him motivating players up and down the sidelines during games. I'd be happy if they kept him. I don't think toughness is our problem. It's one of the most underrated staff positions with responsibility to keep the team out of trouble during the summer where WM has received a lot of the credit.

What you're saying is true however there is some room for improvement. I prefer not seeing our LB's getting knocked beyond our safeties every time we play a real team.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;117582 said:
What you're saying is true however there is some room for improvement. I prefer not seeing our LB's getting knocked beyond our safeties every time we play a real team.
I wonder if that is recruiting more than what Dillman can do. Talent plays a big part!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
G8RNGA;n117588 said:
I wonder if that is recruiting more than what Dillman can do. Talent plays a big part!

You're probably right there also. The 2 I see getting knocked back are usually Morrisson and Taylor. They were both small for LB's coming in. I'm hoping Anzalone becomes a beast like Bostic did his last 2 years.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInGeorgia;n117214 said:
Maybe keep Durkin as an assistant head coach and give him a unit to coach, say special teams. Do this for recruiting purposes continuity but I don't think you keep him as the DC. Roper goes. I think the new guy should bring in his own coordinators on both sides of the ball.

He was the guy in charge of special teams when this happened. We need to clean house.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No, both have failed at their jobs while at Florida. They are a part of the worse 2 years of florida football in the last 30, so they need to go.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n117983 said:
No, both have failed at their jobs while at Florida. They are a part of the worse 2 years of florida football in the last 30, so they need to go.

Roper isn't,dougie ! Haha, suck on that loser!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n118032 said:
Roper isn't,dougie ! Haha, suck on that loser!

Roper is stuck on that, his name will at least in the short term be associated to the last 4 years, even though he was only here for one of them.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Tough to totally judge Durkin when the HC is a defensive guy. But seems to be pretty good and is a solid recruiter. Have to say I've been disappointed quite often in Roper's playcalling. I know we're limited, but still.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I don't want anyone infecting the new staff. Everyone from the head coach down to the person that makes the Gatorade should be fired. Start over with brand new everything. The culture of losing is deep.

Muschump sucks.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
NCOGator;n118830 said:
Durkin yea with that play calling send Roper packing

True....the playcalling has been bad. I know we are limited but why run inside over and over when the only running plays that are gaining more than 3 yards are on the outside....His play calling totally lost this game.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Totally up to the new head coach, but Robinson, Summers, and Lawing should probably be retained, if possible. The rest can go...especially the fraud named Roper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator