Snap count vs. Missouri

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't hate it. It opens up space on the roster for more talent, or a needed transfer.

Bowman coming in makes his position expendable for a couple years.

I saw a post on 247 pointing out how small Wingo and Hopper looked on the field. There’s a reason Wingo hasn’t seen PT. He just doesn’t have the size yet.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Freshmen LB dont play.

The position is far too complex.

Freshmen trying to transition from playing mostly edge have an even rougher time.

Out of what I saw, I probably prefer to see more Pierre.

Hopper look like a safety trying to play linebacker. Like all of our safeties we hope the transition to linebacker.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The problem is Gourage is the only one Hevesy trusts to play OT right now. Tarquin played later in the game, but we definitely need to get some of the younger players time at OT. Vandy is the only game I see where we'll definitely get a blow out - so there will be a lot of garbage time. The other games could/should be close.

OL recruiting is disastrous this year. Unless Braun moves to OT after Gouriage leaves, who is skilled enough to take that mantle?

we’re going to need transfers or jucos to fix this.

we completely lucked out with the Pittman leaving Georgia to coach Arkansas. Otherwise Braun would have never been here.

I’m not sold on those Trinity Catholic kids in this class being good enough. We’ll see

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Freshmen LB dont play.

The position is far too complex.

Freshmen trying to transition from playing mostly edge have an even rougher time.

Out of what I saw, I probably prefer to see more Pierre.

Hopper look like a safety trying to play linebacker. Like all of our safeties we hope the transition to linebacker.

everybody thinks they can find the next Urlacher.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
OL recruiting is disastrous this year. Unless Braun moves to OT after Gouriage leaves, who is skilled enough to take that mantle?

we’re going to need transfers or jucos to fix this.

we completely lucked out with the Pittman leaving Georgia to coach Arkansas. Otherwise Braun would have never been here.

I’m not sold on those Trinity Catholic kids in this class being good enough. We’ll see

Harrod, Tarquin, Mincey, and Braun are it. I think Taquin & Braun are the starters and the other two will be contributors, Harrod could even start. Mincey will need a few years. Getting Braun was a gift!

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Hopper look like a safety trying to play linebacker.

Hopper is the most disappointing in the lack of weight gain, if not downright loss, due to his frame. He just seemed like a kid that could put on weight and hit in HS like a LB, not a db. He looked laughably small Saturday. Wingo seemed bigger already.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Hopper was the most shocking to me. He made a tackle on ST's earlier in the game, I didn't know who 28 was so I looked it up and saw Hopper. I thought he was a DB. It's really disappointing. He's going to need another full off-season before he sees any meaningful time, maybe more. I think we all knew Summerall was going to take time. He'll likely be another Moon type that never puts on the weight he should (or needs to). I can't blame Savage for these guys - it's hard to put weight on kids when they're not on campus. I also thought Wingo looked small.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hopper was the most shocking to me. He made a tackle on ST's earlier in the game, I didn't know who 28 was so I looked it up and saw Hopper. I thought he was a DB. It's really disappointing. He's going to need another full off-season before he sees any meaningful time, maybe more. I think we all knew Summerall was going to take time. He'll likely be another Moon type that never puts on the weight he should (or needs to). I can't blame Savage for these guys - it's hard to put weight on kids when they're not on campus. I also thought Wingo looked small.

Both Hopper and Wingo looked small. Easy to see why they aren’t getting PT. We need to blow out Vandy and Tennessee to get those guys some reps.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Both Hopper and Wingo looked small. Easy to see why they aren’t getting PT. We need to blow out Vandy and Tennessee to get those guys some reps.
reps are not going to make them big enough.

I wouldn't give them reps until they've earned field time in the off-season.

Pierre is the only guy who seems to have been preparing himself, though admittedly he was bigger to begin with.

of course that's why we should recruit linebackers to be linebackers instead of safeties to be linebackers.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
reps are not going to make them big enough.

I wouldn't give them reps until they've earned field time in the off-season.

Pierre is the only guy who seems to have been preparing himself, though admittedly he was bigger to begin with.

of course that's why we should recruit linebackers to be linebackers instead of safeties to be linebackers.

I wasn’t saying that getting reps would make them bigger. I was just talking about them getting reps. Separate and distinct.

Their reps will be limited by their size anyway. Hopefully we can get into a couple blowouts just to get these back ups experience going against the 1s.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I wasn’t saying that getting reps would make them bigger. I was just talking about them getting reps. Separate and distinct.

Their reps will be limited by their size anyway. Hopefully we can get into a couple blowouts just to get these back ups experience going against the 1s.
Why do you waste your time trying to mansplain basic facts about football and S&C to donk? She's already made up her mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator