So Cowart is crying about Muschamp now?

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What do you want to bet the school comes out and says that his Twitter account was hacked? And Cowart will be temporarily banned from talking to the media

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I laughed out loud.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
joeblow;n264620 said:
His high school coach was just butt hurt after pressuring Cowart to sign with Florida, even harassing him for hours after his announcement. His school, Seffner Armwood has been a feeder school to UF for years and for the best player. at least rated, ever at the school to choose another school was a huge slap in the face to him. I do think UF was better off getting Jefferson because something about Cowart told me that he was all about himself, and as McElwain recently said, selfish players are a a big problem. What he is too dumb to realize is that there is a process called "derecruiting" that happens at every school. You are no longer the number one player and how many "stars" you had don't mean sh.. What he fails to understand is that being coached hard is a sign that the coaches think you have a chance to be a good player. The time to get worried is when the coaches aren't pushing you and ignoring you. Coaches don't have time to waste their effort on marginal players. You don't hear coaches singling out marginal players for playing poorly, if they are on your case it means they see that you have the opportunity to become a good or great player. I doubt UF's coaches spent a lot of time working with Skyler Mornhinweg, while every possible strategy was employed to try and light a fire under Jeff Driskel.
I think Auburn is the most overrated team in college football this year. They had the same record as UF last year. The only difference was that they got to play all three of their paid scrubs, while one of UF's was cancelled. They lost eight starters on offense, and that offense wasn't great last year. They need Cowart to be a factor this year, desperately. But, as is almost always the case, counting on true freshmen is a very dicey proposition. True freshmen can contribute, but the best teams aren't counting on them, they are only pleasantly surprised if one is ready to play.

You suck. Did not read your blather.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Of course Muschamp isn't a defensive guru. Just look at his Texas defense in the national title game against Bama several years ago. They got shellacked. Bama could've hung 60 on them is they didn't take their foot off the pedal early in the second half.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
GatorInGeorgia;n264980 said:
Of course Muschamp isn't a defensive guru. Just look at his Texas defense in the national title game against Bama several years ago. They got shellacked. Bama could've hung 60 on them is they didn't take their foot off the pedal early in the second half.

That's right. And who was Bama's Offensive Coordinator in that tilt? Oh yeah, THIS GUY.

Attachments

• conv_4162.jpeg
    conv_4162.jpeg
    11.4 KB · Views: 39

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
LongTooth;n265004 said:
That's right. And who was Bama's Offensive Coordinator in that tilt? Oh yeah, THIS GUY.

What did Jim Bob Duggar have to do with Texas-Alabama?

I hate to rain on the dead horse parade, but it could easily be that Cowart is whining about his teammates and/or position coach. A Bammer throwing red meat speculation to his twitter feed isn't a reliable source.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
jereed16;n264718 said:
I suggest the Bammer homer who wrote that check the stats on UF's defenses under Muschamp.
You still dangling from Asschaffes' midline? He saw Bammer get 670 yards. That's all anyone really needs to know.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
playzwtrux;n265035 said:
Who cares, he's Gator Bait.

Exactly. Don't care either way since he went AU. You make the bed you lay in and if he's having a tough time there getting on an average defensive line he would really be bitching if he came here where we should have an awesome dline....

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I saw somewhere he came out after and said he made a "freshman mistake" by going on twitter and complaining.

I don't read his tweets as a prima donna, but I see him being pissed that they constantly make a big deal about him being a 5* and throw that in his face instead of just coaching him up. Of course... one side of the story.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I dunno. All this kinda jives with the whole Muschamp never developed any players here philosophy...

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He's a War Eagle let him squawk, squawk, squawk and fly in circles.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n265043 said:
Exactly. Don't care either way since he went AU. You make the bed you lay in and if he's having a tough time there getting on an average defensive line he would really be bitching if he came here where we should have an awesome dline....

But perhaps here he would be getting positive coaching rather than say negative critical comments without much improvement information. Some don't respond well to just yelling, insisting it is all your fault, etc. Being positive, pointing out those things that can be improved (might need film) is much more important.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
LongTooth;n265004 said:

Yes indeed. He also called a pretty good game against us (unfortunately) that year in the SEC championship game. I'm optimistic that he's going to do a good job for us once he fills some of the roster gaps that the previous staff left. I think he may even surprise some people this season by doing better than most people expect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator