So how do redshirts work?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You guys are missing both points of concretehead's stupidity, which he is now trying to deflect. He was on another one of his lunatic ravings stating that we were screwed bc Driskel sucked/"was hurt', Treon was suspended (maybe done as far as we knew then), and that evil Mushchimp had foolishly put a redshirt on Greer making him ineligible this year (bc you know, you cant take a redshirt off) and was faking back injuries just in case Grier gets hurt five years from now.

That was bat**** crazy then and still is.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;139506 said:
You guys are missing both points of concretehead's stupidity, which he is now tryinhlg to deflect. He was on another one of his lunsatic ravings stating that we were screwed bc Driskel sucked/"was hurt', Treon was suspended (maybe done as far as we knew then), and that evil Mushchimp had foolishly put a redshirt on Greer making him ineligible this year (bc you knoe, you cant take a redshirt off) and was faking back injuries just in case Grier gets hurt five years from now.

This is also 100% true.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Law98gator;n139506 said:
You guys are missing both points of concretehead's stupidity, which he is now trying to deflect. He was on another one of his lunsatic ravings stating that we were screwed bc Driskel sucked/"was hurt', Treon was suspended (maybe done as far as we knew then), and that evil Mushchimp had foolishly put a redshirt on Greer making him ineligible this year (bc you knoe, you cant take a redshirt off) and was faking back injuries just in case Grier gets hurt five years from now.

Bull friggen sh!t....I never said anything to that effect. You and several others need to have your reading comprehension skills checked. Jesus Christ someone's always trying to either stir up sh!t or rehash it.....Have fun jackasses.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n139491 said:
So you and Sasquatch 100% agree on this? I just want it to be clear that's the case.

Yes they do both agree that you can get a medical hardship for a year that you weren't hurt.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GatorSkin;n139494 said:
Grier would not be eligible for a medical hardship without a season ending injury.

He had a documented injury or condition......back spasms and since he didn't and or wasn't going to play anyway he would end up like McGee if in a similar situation. If they give him a "medical' for this year he won't. Seems easy enough for me to understand.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n139541 said:
He had a documented injury or condition......back spasms and since he didn't and or wasn't going to play anyway he would end up like McGee if in a similar situation. If they give him a "medical' for this year he won't. Seems easy enough for me to understand.

Back spasms is not a season ending injury.
If you read the damn link that you posted in this thread you would understand why he can't be granted a hardship.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I bet if we sent a bag man to the UVA trainer staff, we could get a letter confirming McGee had a super secret injury the year he redshirted there.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
giphy.gif

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Guidelines for Medical Hardship Waiver Requests
For a student-athlete to receive a Medical Hardship Waiver per Bylaw 14.2.4, the following four conditions must be met:
  • The student-athlete may not have participated in more than two contests or dates of competition or 20 percent of the team's completed contests/dates of competition.
  • The injury or illness must occur prior to the completion of the first half of the season.
  • The injury or illness does not have to occur during practice/competition, but it must be incapacitating.
  • Appropriate medical documentation must exist and be provided.
Capt. is right Blockhead is wrong. No where in the rules does it say you can't have a normal redshirt and a Med. redshirt, but the ncaa does have to approve each case. Never have I seen where they give 1 player 2 med. redshirts.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Mudd;n139665 said:
Guidelines for Medical Hardship Waiver Requests
For a student-athlete to receive a Medical Hardship Waiver per Bylaw 14.2.4, the following four conditions must be met:
  • The student-athlete may not have participated in more than two contests or dates of competition or 20 percent of the team's completed contests/dates of competition.
  • The injury or illness must occur prior to the completion of the first half of the season.
  • The injury or illness does not have to occur during practice/competition, but it must be incapacitating.
  • Appropriate medical documentation must exist and be provided.

Capt. is right Blockhead is wrong. No where in the rules does it say you can't have a normal redshirt and a Med. redshirt, but the ncaa does have to approve each case. Never have I seen where they give 1 player 2 med. redshirts.

WRONG....I never said you couldn't. My point all along has been that it would increase your chances of getting a 6th year of eligibility....A 6th year is NOT guaranteed to anyone regardless of their situation. It must be approved by a 2/3's vote. It must also be accompanied by a medical hardship waiver. Technically if Debose had taken a medical in his 1st year...he could have taken his regular redshirt in his 6th year because he was approved based on HAVING A MEDICAL HARDSHIP WAIVER.....end of story, over and out.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I dont want to get in the middle of this little cat fight, but as far as McGee goes I have heard that his best chance at getting a 6th year would be if they could prove he had some sort of injury while at UVA. Otherwise it is a crap shoot.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
8802Gator;n139683 said:
I dont want to get in the middle of this little cat fight, but as far as McGee goes I have heard that his best chance at getting a 6th year would be if they could prove he had some sort of injury while at UVA. Otherwise it is a crap shoot.

Which has been my point all along:exactly:For some reason the need to prove Concrete wrong has warped some members brain cells.....

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n139674 said:
WRONG....I never said you couldn't. My point all along has been that it would increase your chances of getting a 6th year of eligibility....A 6th year is NOT guaranteed to anyone regardless of their situation. It must be approved by a 2/3's vote. It must also be accompanied by a medical hardship waiver. Technically if Debose had taken a medical in his 1st year...he could have taken his regular redshirt in his 6th year because he was approved based on HAVING A MEDICAL HARDSHIP WAIVER.....end of story, over and out.
:facepalm:

No. If Debose hadn't gotten injured in his 5th season and played, he would have already used up his 4 seasons of eligibility. The only time you need a medical hardship is if you've already used your normal redshirt and/or you've participated in a game that season. Apparently I suck at explaining something so rudimentary, either that or you truly are a blockhead.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
8802Gator;n139683 said:

I beleive it is a crap shoot either way, it all depends on how the NCAA views your case.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n139692 said:

No. If Debose hadn't gotten injured in his 5th season and played, he would have already used up his 4 seasons of eligibility. The only time you need a medical hardship is if you've already used your normal redshirt and/or you've participated in a game that season. Apparently I suck at explaining something so rudimentary, either that or you truly are a blockhead.
You know, I thought about going back to the thread that started this and shoving it down his throat, but the search on this board isn't the best so I'd probably have to sort throw ten thousand more concretehead nonsensical posts.

It's just not worth the pain. Does anyone have it bookmarked?

Edit: I found the gem thread. Still looking for the others.
Concrete Helmet said:
Grier was only cleared the "other day" because Driskel was clearly headed to the bench. There was no "back spasms" it was their built in excuse for a medical redshirt.

Concrete Helmet said:
What's even more funny is how he was available right before we knew we might be benching our starter..... There is no such thing as a "free redshirt" they have to list a medical reason.

More great reading: http://gatorchatter.com/forum/main-s...to-ready/page7

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n139692 said:

How would he have used his 4 years if he missed his 1st and 5th and he just completed his 6th? The hardship was approved for this past year because he was injured before the start of last year which would have been his 4th seeing how he missed his first???Can't you take a redshirt within your 5 years to complete 4 years, if you don't play in the season you are redshirted for??? Just saying....
Now if it means that we can put an end to this I will be the one to say you are RIGHT if you please, please promise to not bring this up again. My point was about WILL GRIER AND HIS BACK SPASMS.....If in fact the same thing happens to him as Magee it will all make sense to everyone as was my point way back when.............................................. .................................................. ..........:suicide::suicide::suicide:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator