So it's Treon's fault?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n299073 said:
I'm sick of seeing Dillard getting buttmashed by d-linemen.
I'm sure their is something Dillard is good at, but football isn't one.

Oct 5, 2014
I think we can still win the East with Treon playing the quarterback position but he will never ever be a "good" division 1 signal caller.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This loss is most certainly NOT on Treon Harris. That said, he's no Will Grier either. He did his best I'm sure. He isn't the one that gave up ridiculous deep ball fluke plays. He isn't the one that couldn't tackle 4Net. Sure wish he'd have thrown that last ball in bounds though. Kinda hard for the receivers to catch it for a TD if it's thrown out of bounds.

Blonde Gator

Founding Member
Cynic
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n299065 said:
He's part of it. Plenty to go around. When the pressure was on, he folded. That's what everyone is mad at him over.

He didn't fold. He didn't miss tackles, he didn't screw up anticipating the Mad Hatter's fake field goal. He played as well as he could with his abilities. He's too short and can't see. He didn't recruit himself, either.

It's no use crying of spilt milk (Grier). It is what it is.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Swamped Gator;n299090 said:
Terrible Treon threw for 271 yards and no picks..............

and missed wide open receivers all night. The overthrow to a wide open receiver on third down is a prime example.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Swamped Gator;n299090 said:
Terrible Treon threw for 271 yards and no picks..............

But only 5 of his last 16 when the game was on the line.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I guarantee will in this game we score maybe 14 points or maybe we score 70 pts either way it don't matter he screwed up Treon is our best bet to win the east now. So let's rally behind him. We are two blown calls from winning this game.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n299101 said:
But only 5 of his last 16 when the game was on the line.

Shouldn't have been put in that situation. Our defense had us playing from behind...not Treon.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n299110 said:
Shouldn't have been put in that situation. Our defense had us playing from behind...not Treon.

Granted. He doesn't play defense. Not his fault. He is a true "serviceable" QB.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
Born2beagator;n299100 said:
and missed wide open receivers all night. The overthrow to a wide open receiver on third down is a prime example.

I was unaware that was the difference in the game.... Get over it and stop blaming him. He didn't suck on defense in the first half and he certainly didn't screw up on the fake field goal that everyone knew was coming. I'm not saying he's as good as or better than Grier, but please please please stop blaming the kid. We put up 28 points, the defense should've held LSU under 28.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
If I was single I would have smashed everything I owned in my house after that God d@MN mfing fake field goal. But no breaking stuff is frowned on upon from the misses

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Not his fault, per se - but he certainly played his part. It was a team loss. If Callaway doesn't choke away the pass the hit him in the hands in the end zone we may win.

Saying that, I completely believe if Grier started tonight we win that game, probably easily. We would have held the ball longer and scored more points.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
gatorfan81;n299123 said:
If I was single I would have smashed everything I owned in my house after that God d@MN mfing fake field goal. But no breaking stuff is frowned on upon from the misses

That FG was clearly Treon's fault.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Swamped Gator;n299085 said:
The chatterbox was full of people blaming Treon.

Stop being so butthurt would you? The fact is that our O line isn't all that good, but it was masked by the fact we had a guy who made quick reads and a quick, accurate release. It certainly isn't Treons fault that he isn't that guy and no one wants to see him fail, but the fact is that he doesn't do those things like Grier. He doesn't see the field quickly enough or throw it quicklly enough and the O line gets exposed when he does that. We are left with a mostly rollout, schoolyard style of offense that isn't nearly as effective. None of that is Treon's fault, its just frustrating to go from where we were to where we are.

That said its his first game back and hopefully over the next few weeks some of that stuff will fix itself. But to pretend that there wasn't so much there for the taking tonight is unrealistic. With a QB that can see the field and make the throws we are a top 5 team with a shot at the whole shebang. Without, we are a top 20 team. Prety understandable that rabid football fans are emotional after this. It isn't just one game, its the realization that losing Grier really does have a big effect on our ability to compete at the highest level.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
c
oxrageous;n299125 said:
Saying that, I completely believe if Grier started tonight we win that game, probably easily. We would have held the ball longer and scored more points.
Grier is excellent at getting the ball out so quickly that the DL can't penetrate.

I'm sure those will be points of emphasis for Treon this week.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
oxrageous;n299125 said:
Not his fault, per se - but he certainly played his part. It was a team loss. If Callaway doesn't choke away the pass the hit him in the hands in the end zone we may win.

I'm convinced we put up 50 points tonight if Grier was there. The plays were there

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Two weeks to prep for those POS Dawgs, who barely beat Mizzou. More reps for Treon in practice knowing he is the starter.

Heckuva comeback in the second half to make it a game after half, and the only Corndog points were on the fake FG. We have a coach and staff, that's for damn sure.

Losing sucks donkey balls. However, in this case, plenty to learn from all around, and the Dawgs, Noles, and others remaining on the slate will pay with pain for it.

We won't get the Corndogs again IMHO. Bammer has lost their one game for the season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.