So Penn State......

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I'm talking about an undefeated team who played nothing but cupcakes all year making the NC game. The Western Michigans and Boises of the world will never get a shot.
I guess I was saying E. Carolina was royally screwed that year.......They were much better than many one loss teams..........

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hey GatorinGeorgia, why are you continually such a colossal asshat?

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Just saw a scrolling ticker that indicated We Are PoSU has racked up over $237,000,000 in victim awards and legal fees - with more to come.

Thanks Jerry...

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just saw a scrolling ticker that indicated We Are PoSU has racked up over $237,000,000 in victim awards and legal fees - with more to come.

Thanks Jerry...
Meaning they paid that out? If so, how are they still afloat? Have they filed BK?

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Meaning they paid that out? If so, how are they still afloat? Have they filed BK?

"According to the latest tabulation, the university says it has shelled out $81.8 million to pay for crisis communications, an internal investigation by former FBI director Louis Freeh, as well as defending against victim lawsuits in addition to other legal matters.

Add to that $93 million in settlements with 32 Sandusky accusers, $60 million in NCAA fines and $2.4 million in U.S. Department of Education penalties and the total is at least $236.4 billion and more if lost bowl game revenue is included. Penn State disclosed the spending in response to an inquiry from the Inquirer last week."

The university says it has used no tuition or state money to pay costs from the Sandusky case, relying instead on insurance coverage and interest income.

"Uninsured expenses can be covered by this interest and will not be funded by student tuition, taxpayer funds or donations," said university spokeswoman, Lisa Powers.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2..._for_Sandusky___250_million_and_counting.html

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Penn State has over 3 billion in ENDOWMENT ALONE and a 5 billion dollar budget. Education is one of the biggest businesses.

How else do you think they pay these six figure salaries for people that work 3-6 hours a week and take off four months of the year?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
"According to the latest tabulation, the university says it has shelled out $81.8 million to pay for crisis communications, an internal investigation by former FBI director Louis Freeh, as well as defending against victim lawsuits in addition to other legal matters.

Add to that $93 million in settlements with 32 Sandusky accusers, $60 million in NCAA fines and $2.4 million in U.S. Department of Education penalties and the total is at least $236.4 billion and more if lost bowl game revenue is included. Penn State disclosed the spending in response to an inquiry from the Inquirer last week."

The university says it has used no tuition or state money to pay costs from the Sandusky case, relying instead on insurance coverage and interest income.

"Uninsured expenses can be covered by this interest and will not be funded by student tuition, taxpayer funds or donations," said university spokeswoman, Lisa Powers.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2..._for_Sandusky___250_million_and_counting.html
I was going to say, in my previous post, that there's no way insurance is helping but guess I was wrong. I can't believe they were able to get a claim of this nature approved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator