Some Gator players and coaches need anger management classes before Georgia game

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Some of the gator players and coaches need to learn to stay under control . It's fine to get fired up but it must be kept under control . In the Lsu game two gator players threw punches and got away with it . Against vandy Coach Mullen and some of his players lost control and it cost us losing a player for the game .It could have easily turned into a brawl that would have been a huge black eye Florida doesn't need . If the coach can't control his emotions you can't expect his players to . One more personal foul on the team would have cost us the game .I love Mullen and I love his fire and passion but it has to be kept under control . This team still lacks discipline and coach Mullen has to set the gator standard !
Where do I even begin........:headslap:

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Gern wears white tube socks with blue stripes with his shorts.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I never said other people couldn't disagree ! I just said they are Shortsided and wrong .

1) shortsighted looks better.
2) that body slam was the result of what the Vandy player was applying + the happenstance of where he continued to put his body - atop Vosean.
3) what happened was a single "in-the-moment" response. Mullen included. That isn't a style Mullen's training in them.

However, anger management is all the rage.

Black Dahlia

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2017
I was trying to stay neutral in regards to this thread but then someone busted out with a "deplorable".

Gern Blanston

Banned
BANNED
Aug 27, 2018
Of course they do, but your original post was way over the top. My entire family is Gators, my ex-wife, three children (one with two degrees) so almost nobody wants my Gators to be within the rules than me.

Do you support all those other sports that are great, especially female ones?
My post was right on not over the top ! Do you remember the big fight between Miami and fiu . Having players from both sides come on the field is and almost get into a brawl is a lack of control on both head coaches but I don't care about what Kentucky does ! I love all gator sports and have supported them for over 60 years !

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't realize this was 78's dad. Silly post for sure but darn glad to have you here my friend!!

Gern Blanston

Banned
BANNED
Aug 27, 2018
Bad idea just because you don't have common sense really !
Gern, you need to post with more discipline. This thread is embarrassing. Quit while you’re ahead and just accept the fact that the topic was a bad idea. You should consider taking the full bye week to practice hard and execute a better thread next time.
u
I’m guilty of not paying close enough attention as to who says what around here. I just read and respond so I’ve been trying to do a better job of learning the posters.

So I remember gern starting off with some good posts...some old school stuff.

Now he comes in hot with this and then doubles down.

What’s going on Gern? Coach will address but I’m sure he wants them to be en fuego.
when I'm right I'm right
1) shortsighted looks better.
2) that body slam was the result of what the Vandy player was applying + the happenstance of where he continued to put his body - atop Vosean.
3) what happened was a single "in-the-moment" response. Mullen included. That isn't a style Mullen's training in them.

However, anger management is all the rage.
i didnt say Mullen was training that ! Read my oringinal post ! Body slamming a player after the whistle had blown seconds ago was stupid and it hurt the team . Both coaching staffs did a poor job of controlling their players when they poured on the field . But I only care about Florida .

Gern Blanston

Banned
BANNED
Aug 27, 2018
Never saw Coach Mullen lose control, the WWF take down was stupid, the block on the punt return would have been legal and considered a hell of a block a few years ago.
Mullen is smart enough to clean things up a bit if he needs to but I for one love seeing this team play with a fire in their eyes , I wouldn't tone down a thing............Just keep bringing it Gators!
Never saw him lose control ? You mean when he had to be restrained by a ref and other Florida staff causing his players to come on the field he was under control ? I love Mullen and support him 100 Percent but it doesn't mean he is perfect and anything he does is ok .

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
You certainly can. You just can't do a crackback block up by the guy's head and neck.

No you can't. Read the actual rule.

Hang on. Read the NCAA’s targeting rule.

Exert for defenseless player

Note 2: Defenseless player (Rule 2-27-14):

• A player in the act of or just after throwing a pass.
  • A receiver attempting to catch a forward pass or in position to receive a backward pass, or one who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a ball carrier.
  • A kicker in the act of or just after kicking a ball, or during the kick or the return.
  • A kick returner attempting to catch or recover a kick, or one who has completed a catch or recovery and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a ball carrier.
  • A player on the ground.
  • A player obviously out of the play.
  • A player who receives a blind-side block.
  • A ball carrier already in the grasp of an opponent and whose forward progress has been stopped.
  • A quarterback any time after a change of possession.
  • A ball carrier who has obviously given himself up and is sliding feet-first
Also, a new piece of language added to Note 2 in 2018: “When in question, a player is defenseless.”

So by rule this player was defensless. And when in doubt call it.

Now I would like every targeting call to be explained as to what portion of the rule was violated and posted to the internet.

I did not see it as any force to the head or neck area, but the angle was not that great. It looked like a hit to the chest, but perhaps it moved up as the player was blocked.

We agree that this is a foolish rule with too severe penalties and not enough objective criteria.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
My post was right on not over the top ! Do you remember the big fight between Miami and fiu . Having players from both sides come on the field is and almost get into a brawl is a lack of control on both head coaches but I don't care about what Kentucky does ! I love all gator sports and have supported them for over 60 years !

Great for you, if you want to argue my opinion, just don't. Your post on them needing professional help was the over the top part, coach can easily address any issue that needs it. Which the penalties surely do.

You have me beat by about 20 years, and I follow all Gators, they are like family to me.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Don't take the Head Hunter out of my linebacker. A little combative, true, some maturity need apply, yep. Joseph has some field enforcer attitude which is good. I guess we'll see if he "coachable" and less of a drama king. Go Gators!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.